Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

In an attempt to speed up the arrival of spring, the wife just bought this.....

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In an attempt to speed up the arrival of spring, the wife just bought this.....

A 2003 'Centennial' V-Rod...Pick it up in colorado next weekend...what a girl!

Nice! One of my buddies I ride with bought is wife a chrome and orange V-Rod with matching hard bags on it. It was beefed up in the shop to ride two up. That thing is FAST.
    http://www.patcoast.com"The guy would be strumming along, singing the verse to “Margarittavile” and then he would hit his harmonizer pedal for the chorus. It went from sounding like a guy singing and playing guitar to sounding like the Stephen Hawkings trio."-Christhee68" the singer of my cover band used to find it funny to let out gaseous forms of vile hate and sadness that would make a plaster baby Jesus weep."- FitchFY

Comment

very Nice John

G.B.#275

OK We'll close down the business,have the manager shot,and give you back all your money.will that make you happy?

The Hot Rod Owner's Club

Comment

Nice bike.!
        Death leaves a heartache no one can heal
        Love leaves a memory no one can steal

Comment

That will actually delay spring until July

Comment

If a V-Rod comes out in February and sees it's shadow...
            http://www.patcoast.com"The guy would be strumming along, singing the verse to “Margarittavile” and then he would hit his harmonizer pedal for the chorus. It went from sounding like a guy singing and playing guitar to sounding like the Stephen Hawkings trio."-Christhee68" the singer of my cover band used to find it funny to let out gaseous forms of vile hate and sadness that would make a plaster baby Jesus weep."- FitchFY

Comment

You know this will cause winter to be four weeks longer than normal but that's ok. I haven't had my fill of skiing yet! BTW, that's an awesome looking bike.
              Foul language is the sign of a weak mind trying to express itself forcibly. * Thankfully, my computer program masks all the foul language and changes it to @&%)7#

Comment

The only problem now is that I will have to 'upgrade' to something with more than 115 hp, otherwise all I'll ever see of her is her butt and a tailight. Maybe it's time for another Hayabusa.

Here's the little scamp on my old 2000 Hayabusa......butts and tailights...

Comment

Well...It seemed to work for a while anyway (bringing spring back, for a few days at least), it's been in the mid-sixties for the past several days and we've been out riding our toys around.

Trixie seems to like her V-Rod in spite of all her decades-old anti-Harley 'baggage'.

Last Sunday I took a few shots of her on her 'new' bike from the Triumph saddle as we tooled down highway 79 on a little shakedown ride to see how she would cope with the stupid foreward foot controls of the V-Rod (mid-position foot control 'kit' on the way to rectify the situation), quite a reach for a 5' 4" motorhead like her.

Comment

It's snowing here. It's been snowing all day.
                    NOTE: The absence of smilies in this post should not be taken to mean that I think your post is stupid, nor that I loath, despise, or hate you; nor that I disrespect you and all your works; nor that I see you as victim or lawful prey; nor think you have the intellect of half a loaf of bread; nor that I find you disgusting or unworthy or otherwise hate your behavior, opinions, politics, gender, sexual orientation, culture, ethnic background or language.

F*** 'em if they can't take a joke!

Comment

I like the forward controls on mine John. I have mid foot pegs when I want to repostion my legs .

G.B.#275

OK We'll close down the business,have the manager shot,and give you back all your money.will that make you happy?

The Hot Rod Owner's Club

Comment

Last Sunday I took a few shots of her on her 'new' bike from the Triumph saddle as we tooled down highway 79

Where the hell are any trees?oke:

Comment

Man, the rake on that front end is huge. How does it handle? Looks like it would be floppy.
                          My Space
                          http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...?bandID=497122

Comment

I like the forward controls on mine John. I have mid foot pegs when I want to repostion my legs .

I'm going to seriously consider buying the 'Street Rod' version of the V-Rod...rear set footpegs (relatively to the standard configuration V-rod) and short 'cafe' handlebars.. It also has a mild power upgrade and holds one more gallon of fuel than the standard V-Rod (5 gallons versus 3.8).

I rode one of these at Sturgis about four or five years ago and was impressed with the bike. HD doesn't make this model any more....I suspect it was just too good for them to continue production on such an un-harleylike machine....that, and the bike was totally rejected by the Harley 'old school' riders....but I like the hell out of it......

Comment

Man, the rake on that front end is huge. How does it handle? Looks like it would be floppy.

The bike has a wheelbase of 67.3 inches, so it's in the large cruiser class as far as wheelbase goes, and part of that length is due to that rather extreme fork angle. Surprisingly, the bike has neutral steering at anything over a walk and is very stable at highway speeds, but granted, until you get used to it, it looks a little goofy with that front wheel thrust out there so far.

Comment

Working...
                              X