Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

I know this isn't teh map forum, but does anyone like those Ampeg V4B maps ?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know this isn't teh map forum, but does anyone like those Ampeg V4B maps ?

I think they are supposed to be good guitar maps, and good bass maps too .... I don't know

I do know they have a million t0obz and some of them are funky.

one of the guys i used to be in a band with....a million years ago....had one.....very large.....very heavy.....very loud.

if you have yer own amp roadie.....go for it.

otherwise.....get a refrigerator dollie
    <div class="signaturecontainer">&quot;If I would have known I was gonna hafta play this song for the rest of my life.........<br />
    I woulda wrote a better song &quot; <br />
    member Mazi Bee Militia<br />
    Talk Box Brigade<br />
    Gretsch Guards<br />
    Geezer Brigade #291</div>

Comment

I used a V-4 in the 70s with two 4-10 cabinets. It was LOUD!!!! It was also 6 feet tall and you need a van just to haul your guitar rig around. I'm too old these days.
      <div class="signaturecontainer"><a href="http://www.patcoast.com" target="_blank">http://www.patcoast.com</a><br><br><br><br><font size="1">&quot;The guy would be strumming along, singing the verse to “Margarittavile” and then he would hit his harmonizer pedal for the chorus. It went from sounding like a guy singing and playing guitar to sounding like the Stephen Hawkings trio.&quot;-<i>Christhee68</i></font><br><br><br><br><font size="1">&quot; the singer of my cover band used to find it funny to let out gaseous forms of vile hate and sadness that would make a plaster baby Jesus weep.&quot;-<i> FitchFY</i></font></div>

Comment

they. like the Marshall stack, are dinosaurs...cool, none the less, but without real purpose in the modern era....
        _"We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties due to reality fluctuations. The elves are working tirelessly to patch the correct version of reality. Activities here have been temporarily disabled since the fundamentals of mathematics, physics and reason may be incomprehensible during this indeterminant period of instability. Normal service will be restored once we are certain as to what 'normal' is."

Comment

I'm currently in a quest to buy my old '74 Music Man amp back I sold to a friend. I sold it to him for 300 so hopefully he'll sell it back for close to the same.
          <div class="signaturecontainer"><a href="http://www.patcoast.com" target="_blank">http://www.patcoast.com</a><br><br><br><br><font size="1">&quot;The guy would be strumming along, singing the verse to “Margarittavile” and then he would hit his harmonizer pedal for the chorus. It went from sounding like a guy singing and playing guitar to sounding like the Stephen Hawkings trio.&quot;-<i>Christhee68</i></font><br><br><br><br><font size="1">&quot; the singer of my cover band used to find it funny to let out gaseous forms of vile hate and sadness that would make a plaster baby Jesus weep.&quot;-<i> FitchFY</i></font></div>

Comment

when did you sell it to him? 1985?

The only amp I don't regret having sold (and I have only sold 3 in40 years) was the Marshall 100SL Half Stack...I wish I had the '67 Princeton Reverb and the Vox back...
            _"We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties due to reality fluctuations. The elves are working tirelessly to patch the correct version of reality. Activities here have been temporarily disabled since the fundamentals of mathematics, physics and reason may be incomprehensible during this indeterminant period of instability. Normal service will be restored once we are certain as to what 'normal' is."

Comment

I found a Bassman 10 in the corner of an old church and was told it was not used anymore. I'm waiting for a price and I hope it's low.

G.B.#275

OK We'll close down the business,have the manager shot,and give you back all your money.will that make you happy?

The Hot Rod Owner's Club

Comment

when did you sell it to him? 1985?

The only amp I don't regret having sold (and I have only sold 3 in40 years) was the Marshall 100SL Half Stack...I wish I had the '67 Princeton Reverb and the Vox back...

I sold it to him about 7 years ago. He doesn't use it though, and he has an old Showman, and a Marshall 100 watt head, a Bogner boutique amp, another Marshall M100, a Blues Deville, a Blues Jr, a Mesa Mark III, and a few amps I've never even seen. Now that I have the Agile, I'm thinking that MM with the EL34s will sound really cool. It isn't really a great Strat amp, but with humbuckers it sounds nice. I'll probably spring for some new speakers, too, like Celestions or Jensen.

Comment

i've only sold 2 amps that i now regret the crap out of. my 1964 Bandmaster with 2x12 bottom and my 1971 Marshall Mark II 50 watt Lead head...one of the small chassis models.

i've been using a Fender Blues Deluxe since i got it new in 1996 when they first came out.

and i want to get a Jet City 20 watt head.....as soon as the $$ frees up a bit.

oh yea....there is one other i regret selling....but not cuz i would use it again....only cuz of it's previous owner.....back in 1975 i bought one of Leslie West's old Sunn 200 watt Colliseum heads.
                  <div class="signaturecontainer">&quot;If I would have known I was gonna hafta play this song for the rest of my life.........<br />
                  I woulda wrote a better song &quot; <br />
                  member Mazi Bee Militia<br />
                  Talk Box Brigade<br />
                  Gretsch Guards<br />
                  Geezer Brigade #291</div>

Comment

Working...
                  X