X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving...

So long story short, we had to put my Mother in a facility (she has Alzheimers)...and my old man is going to turn 88 next month, his health is not exactly great, our house is too small for 4 adult people...so we be movin'...what a PITA....

I spent part of today cleaning out his garage....40 years worth of dust collected....

I still have to clean out mine....all this with the kidney stone...gotta love my timing...
    _"We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties due to reality fluctuations. The elves are working tirelessly to patch the correct version of reality. Activities here have been temporarily disabled since the fundamentals of mathematics, physics and reason may be incomprehensible during this indeterminant period of instability. Normal service will be restored once we are certain as to what 'normal' is."

Sorry to hear about your Mum, DM. Similar story in my family. Dad certainly benefited from not having to be a full-time carer. Hope that sucker pops out before you have to do any serious lifting and moving.
    Website http://forcepics.net63.net

Comment

When it rains it pours

You'll get through it

DM

Sorry about your parnets

Esp. your Mom
      <div class="signaturecontainer">My HC Classified Thread<br />
      <br />
      <a href="http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?2482854-Gibson-Fender-PRS-Jackson-Marshalls-More" target="_blank">http://acapella.harmony-central.com/...Marshalls-More</a></div>

Comment

Sorry to hear about your mom's troubles and the need to move.

I have a very similar situation, but it's my dad in the facility due to spinal stenosis originally, and more recently congestive heart disease, which has really caused him to go downhill and brought on hospice care. He is (hopefully) recovering from two operations.

My mom has early Alzheimers, but is still able to live on her own.

We're both lucky to still have them around at this point.
        No offense intended, but (see above) . . .

Old is the new new.

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.
        -Dorothy Parker

Comment

Sorry about your mom and the timing DM. I hate moving and hope I never have to again.

G.B.#275

OK We'll close down the business,have the manager shot,and give you back all your money.will that make you happy?

The Hot Rod Owner's Club

Comment

Me too

I hate to move, it seems like the crap never ends

boxes and boxes
            <div class="signaturecontainer">My HC Classified Thread<br />
            <br />
            <a href="http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?2482854-Gibson-Fender-PRS-Jackson-Marshalls-More" target="_blank">http://acapella.harmony-central.com/...Marshalls-More</a></div>

Comment

thanks, guys...this was never in the playbook...
              TZA, sorry about your folks...enjoy them while you can. Your mother may be fortunate, there are a number of recent breakthroughs in Alzheimer treatments if diagnosed early enough.
              Force, yeah, it took me two year to convince him to have someone coem in and help, and after a year of that, he finally relented about putting her in a facility. Sadly there is no coming back. I had to remind him of how his father literally killed himself caring for his wife back in the late 60s, and they were only in their late sixties...at 87, there is no way he could manage all that stress and physical strain. I see a positive change in him already, which is good...
              _"We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties due to reality fluctuations. The elves are working tirelessly to patch the correct version of reality. Activities here have been temporarily disabled since the fundamentals of mathematics, physics and reason may be incomprehensible during this indeterminant period of instability. Normal service will be restored once we are certain as to what 'normal' is."

Comment

Sorry to hear about your folk's troubles (and now yours).

You are a good boy, DM.
                NOTE: The absence of smilies in this post should not be taken to mean that I think your post is stupid, nor that I loath, despise, or hate you; nor that I disrespect you and all your works; nor that I see you as victim or lawful prey; nor think you have the intellect of half a loaf of bread; nor that I find you disgusting or unworthy or otherwise hate your behavior, opinions, politics, gender, sexual orientation, culture, ethnic background or language.

F*** 'em if they can't take a joke!

Comment

Working...
                X