Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

sooOooo say you have a EJ Start and it is noticibly bright .... like way too bright!

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sooOooo say you have a EJ Start and it is noticibly bright .... like way too bright!

..... I have to wonder if changing that tone cap would tame it down a bit? My other Start isn't nearly that bright .... and they are both similar ... alder with maple slabs.
    The EJ pups are supposed to be pretty well engineered, so I don't think that is the prob. I had another EJ start and it was warm as a campfire on a cold autumn night

Teh cap in there right now is a 104K blue ceramic disc thingy.

I would ask over in the guitar forum, but they don't know anything but teh BRuTaLzz 199,997K pickups

could also try changing teh tone pot out to a higher resistance value...most single coils are paired with a 250k ohm tone pot, going to 500k or a meg may help tame teh twang.
    "We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties due to reality fluctuations. The elves are working tirelessly to patch the correct version of reality. Activities here have been temporarily disabled since the fundamentals of mathematics, physics and reason may be incomprehensible during this indeterminent period of instability. Normal service will be restored once we are certain as to what 'normal' is."

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally used up and worn out, shouting '...man, what a ride!'

Comment

could also try changing teh tone pot out to a higher resistance value...most single coils are paired with a 250k ohm tone pot, going to 500k or a meg may help tame teh twang.

yeah, it is a 250 K. I'll have to look in my stash and see if I have one. tanks!

Comment

Working...
      X