Collapse
No announcement yet.

[voice -Dr. Zachary Smith]Oh, the pain, the pain, dear boy...[/voice]

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah, true, you sure don't wanna 'push'....
    "We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties due to reality fluctuations. The elves are working tirelessly to patch the correct version of reality. Activities here have been temporarily disabled since the fundamentals of mathematics, physics and reason may be incomprehensible during this indeterminent period of instability. Normal service will be restored once we are certain as to what 'normal' is."

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally used up and worn out, shouting '...man, what a ride!'
    "The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively" ~Bob Marley

Comment

GWS, DM!
      NOTE: The absence of smilies in this post should not be taken to mean that I think your post is stupid, nor that I loath, despise, or hate you; nor that I disrespect you and all your works; nor that I see you as victim or lawful prey; nor think you have the intellect of half a loaf of bread; nor that I find you disgusting or unworthy or otherwise hate your behavior, opinions, politics, gender, sexual orientation, culture, ethnic background or language.

F*** 'em if they can't take a joke!

Comment

tnx, SB
        "We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties due to reality fluctuations. The elves are working tirelessly to patch the correct version of reality. Activities here have been temporarily disabled since the fundamentals of mathematics, physics and reason may be incomprehensible during this indeterminent period of instability. Normal service will be restored once we are certain as to what 'normal' is."

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally used up and worn out, shouting '...man, what a ride!'
        "The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively" ~Bob Marley

Comment

I've done the kidney stone thing a couple times.
          my gear
          some crap
          some spare crap in case my regular crap breaks
          HCGB Trooper #252 On permanant KP

Comment

you, old friend, have my deepest respect for enduring that kind of pain. Looking back, I am realizing I have apparently passed two smaller stones in the last three years...teh pain was nowhere near what I'm dealing with this time, but the location was and basic sensation is the same. The scan then showed nothing, so the stones had apparently made their way to the sea, as it were...

Comment

Oh No

The Sea

Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water
              My HC Classified Thread

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/...Marshalls-More

Comment

Hope You Get Well Soon

DM
                My HC Classified Thread

Comment

thanks, Steve, but his is dragging on into the second week...waiting to see the urologist...or myologist...somebody's ologist , I really don't give a rat's patootie who's ologist anymore...

Comment

must really be a pain in the......unit !

I haven't had this problem yet, but I've heard its painful

Lithotripsy is only one method used to break up kidney stones

http://www.webmd.com/kidney-stones/extracorporeal-shock-wave-lithotripsy-eswl-for-kidney-stones
                    My HC Classified Thread

Comment

Text from the Link above ^

If you've had a kidney stone once, you're at an increased risk for another one. A urologist is frequently involved in deciding whether you'll need an extensive medical evaluation, including testing the amounts of various minerals in your urine, to assess further risks of stone formation. If your kidney stone is small, it may pass out of your body on its own within a few days or weeks. Your doctor may prescribe plenty of water at first -- 2 to 3 quarts a day -- and a pain medication.

You lie on a water-filled cushion, and the surgeon uses X-rays or ultrasound tests to precisely locate the stone. High-energy sound waves pass through your body without injuring it and break the stone into small pieces. These small pieces move through the urinary tract and out of the body more easily than a large stone.
                      The process takes about an hour.
                      You may receive sedatives or local anesthesia.
                      Your surgeon may use a stent if you have a large stone. A stent is a small, short tube of flexible plastic mesh that holds the ureter open. This helps the small stone pieces to pass without blocking the ureter.

What To Expect After Treatment
                      ESWL is usually an outpatient procedure. You go home after the treatment and do not have to spend a night in the hospital.

After ESWL, stone fragments usually pass in the urine for a few days and cause mild pain. If you have a larger stone, you may need more ESWL or other treatments.

Why It Is Done
                      ESWL may be used on people with a kidney stone that is causing pain or blocking the urine flow. Stones that are between 4 mm (0.16 in.) and 2 cm (0.8 in.) in diameter are most likely to be treated with ESWL.

ESWL may work best for kidney stones in the kidney or in the part of the ureter close to the kidney. Your surgeon may try to push the stone back into the kidney with a small instrument (ureteroscope) and then use ESWL.

ESWL is usually not used if you:

Are pregnant. The sound waves and X-rays may be harmful to the fetus.
                      Have a bleeding disorder.
                      Have a kidney infection, urinary tract infection, or kidney cancer.
                      Have kidneys with abnormal structure or function.
                      My HC Classified Thread

Comment

thanks, I've already done all the background research...

Comment

no luck passing the stone yet?

G.B.#275

OK We'll close down the business,have the manager shot,and give you back all your money.will that make you happy?

The Hot Rod Owner's Club

Comment

I can pass a football, I can pass a test...I can even Pasadena...but not this stupid stone...

Comment

Working...
                            X