X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [voice -Dr. Zachary Smith]Oh, the pain, the pain, dear boy...[/voice]

walked three and a half miles yesterday, came home, poured a glass of OJ, got out a granola bar, sat down here to peruse the forums and suddenly, it felt like someone had deposited a lump of glowing charcoal in my lower left abdomen....
    the pain was so severe I puked.
    there was no position I could get in that lessened the pain.
    I went to the urgent care.
    The urine sample I gave them looked like coca cola...
    several hours later the doctor confirmed my suspicions...kidney stone.:cry:
    ...this too shall pass...

so, if you all notice a less congenial demeanor of the next few weeks...now you know why....:facepalm:
    _"We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties due to reality fluctuations. The elves are working tirelessly to patch the correct version of reality. Activities here have been temporarily disabled since the fundamentals of mathematics, physics and reason may be incomprehensible during this indeterminant period of instability. Normal service will be restored once we are certain as to what 'normal' is."

I hope it happens quickly for you DM. I hear its a nasty pain.
    Website http://forcepics.net63.net

Comment

thanks, mate...nasty? yeah...I think this stone should have it's own area code...
      _"We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties due to reality fluctuations. The elves are working tirelessly to patch the correct version of reality. Activities here have been temporarily disabled since the fundamentals of mathematics, physics and reason may be incomprehensible during this indeterminant period of instability. Normal service will be restored once we are certain as to what 'normal' is."

Comment

Healy Mojo sent, hope it passes without to much difficulty

G.B.#275

OK We'll close down the business,have the manager shot,and give you back all your money.will that make you happy?

The Hot Rod Owner's Club

Comment

Ouch !

Never had one yet

I heard there Painful

Hope all goes Well

For Our Cool Mod !
          <div class="signaturecontainer">My HC Classified Thread<br />
          <br />
          <a href="http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?2482854-Gibson-Fender-PRS-Jackson-Marshalls-More" target="_blank">http://acapella.harmony-central.com/...Marshalls-More</a></div>

Comment

I've heard about them .... is this your first one?

I hope I never get one. What causes it, long walks, OJ and Granola? Not using enough smilies per thread? High taxes? :cry:

Comment

"Take the boy, but spare me!"

No offense intended, but (see above) . . .

Old is the new new.

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.
              -Dorothy Parker

Comment

Ahh, the joys of middle age. Never had to deal with a kidney stone yet, and hope I never do. That hernia operation I had a couple of years ago was enough for me.
                Michael D. www.mdlmusic.webs.com "I'm tired of rock-and-rolling Let's get married, Honey, let's go bowling" --Martin Mull

Comment

Hopefully

This too, Shall pass

Hope you feel Better soon, DM
                  <div class="signaturecontainer">My HC Classified Thread<br />
                  <br />
                  <a href="http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?2482854-Gibson-Fender-PRS-Jackson-Marshalls-More" target="_blank">http://acapella.harmony-central.com/...Marshalls-More</a></div>

Comment

thanks guys...now I can relate to childbirth...except this will go on...possibly for weeks...
                    thank goodness for hydrocodone...

Comment

Good old Vicodin. Just be careful. When I had the aforementioned hernia surgery I was downing that stuff like candy. Only learned later that it causes constipation. You probably don't want to add that to your list of things to be worrying about.
                      Michael D. www.mdlmusic.webs.com "I'm tired of rock-and-rolling Let's get married, Honey, let's go bowling" --Martin Mull

Comment

I think a lot of the narcotics tend to slow the system down. So you'll get some constipation over time. It's like icing on the pain cake.

Icing on the pain cake is a subject I could do without.

Get well soon!

:wave:

Old is the new new.

-Dorothy Parker

Comment

Good old Vicodin. Just be careful. When I had the aforementioned hernia surgery I was downing that stuff like candy. Only learned later that it causes constipation. You probably don't want to add that to your list of things to be worrying about.

are you suggesting that I am full of $#!+?

I know all about the side effects of codeine and derivatives..:thu: I'm as regular as the tides....

Comment

I know all about the side effects of codeine and derivatives..:thu: I'm as regular as the tides....

"A real regular guy . . . regular features, regular clothes . . . "

Old is the new new.

-Dorothy Parker

Comment

Not at all. I just wish someone had told me about that side-effect. You definitely do not want to be constipated after hernia surgery.

Comment

Working...
                              X