Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

We bought an 1800 Goldwing, are we old now?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

or just smarter?

No thats still cool. When you get a trike your getting old.......... :thu:
    <div class="signaturecontainer">&quot;If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading&quot;</div>

Comment

I don't know man, I think Goldwing owners give a bad name to motorcycling

Why? Do you have to be Fat , tattooed , and obnoxious to ride a bike?
      <div class="signaturecontainer">&quot;If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading&quot;</div>

Comment

Why? Do you have to be Fat , tattooed , and obnoxious to ride a bike?

All I need is the tattoo. :facepalm:

Comment

Never apologize. Enjoy it.

Comment

Old age? Although we cannot reverse time, we can reverse a Goldwing. . .

Yes, yes we can!

I tried it out the other day, felt pretty silly with the thing grinding it's way backwards using the starter motor. I'll just save that little feature for some serious-ass parking emergencies.

Comment

Never apologize. Enjoy it.

Oh, I won't ever apologize for having the Goldwing, and whenever I might start to feel a little crotchety for riding one, I'll jump on my ZX14 and rejuvenate myself.

By the way, an 1800 GL will quite readily indicate 130 mph on a good level road....I suspect that 140 indicated could be achieveable with a little more room and a little more guts (or foolishness, whatever...often the same thing).

Comment

are we old now, or just smarter?

The way I'd phrase it is "we have finally attained a semblance of maturity in our declining years."

Just kidding--congrats!

My wife and I have discussed GWs a little ways on down the road, but to be honest we'll probably opt for some kind of RV/motor home (if'n we can swing it financially.)

Looks great. Have fun!
                <div class="signaturecontainer"><font color="darkred"><font size="3"><i>I don't want to sell my music. I'd like to give it away because where I got it, you didn't have to pay for it.</i> -Captain Beefheart (Don Van Vliet)</font></font></div>

Comment

Working...
                X