Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

ok FINE! Let's talk about teh Gibson SG!

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ok FINE! Let's talk about teh Gibson SG!

Quite actually honesty really it's teh favorite guitar EVAR to play and to look at and to hear and to play!

I was mountain biking yesterday with my Sony Walkman cranking up the Who Live at Leeds entire concert and woW! That was a great show! The tonez from that P90 SG through those cranked Hiwatts was just as good as it gets! Pete knew how to work that volume control too!

Poisonally, I like teh historic 62 reissue..... those are great guitars as well. More fret access than you'd ever want .... you just don't know what to do with all those frets that are just so easy to get to!

Light weight! Mine is only 6# and probably teh easiest guitar evAr to play EVER!

PPL complain about neck heaviness, but quite honestly actually, I've only heard sissys complain about that and it's never been an issue. I suppose if you have a slippery strap and go to adjust your effects or something with both hands the neck will droop a bit, but go play a Fender P Bass and then we'll talk about a heavy neck!

I'll poast some File Photos of teh SG:

Here some maniac actually had 3 of these things >

This one looks like a 62 RI, but I'm not sure, we need to see a better pic>

These guitars can get a lot of pick dust between teh pickups, that's the only known issue>

This was one of Pete Townsend's SGs right after the first song of a 1971 concert in Kwakkleberry stadium ...... he threw the guitar right at me but it hit and knocked out my girlfriend instead

....and I think this is the 62 RI model again. Pay NO attention to those guitars by the window!

I will own one, one day. And that'll be it, just one day.

Comment

P90s are like pork fat...they make everything good!

Comment

nice n light, great neck, a few small design flaws

-cough-cough

but rockin

Comment

<div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="1">Mesa Boogie MK III <br />
          Marshall DSL 50<br />
          JCA 20H<br />
          ADA MP-1<br />
          <br />
          Kramer Stagemaster<br />
          Gibson Les Paul Studio Premium Plus<br />
          Gibson Les Paul Vintage Mahogony<br />
          Fender HM Strat<br />
          Paul Reed Smith SE Custom</font></div>

Comment

P90s are like pork fat...they make everything good!

This is so true!
            NOTE: The absence of smilies in this post should not be taken to mean that I think your post is stupid, nor that I loath, despise, or hate you; nor that I disrespect you and all your works; nor that I see you as victim or lawful prey; nor think you have the intellect of half a loaf of bread; nor that I find you disgusting or unworthy or otherwise hate your behavior, opinions, politics, gender, sexual orientation, culture, ethnic background or language.

F*** 'em if they can't take a joke!

Comment

I didn't give them much thought one way or another...until I saw videos of Sister Rosetta Tharpe rocking an ivory white, early 60's, Les Paul Custom. I've kind of wanted an SG that looked like hers ever since, might get an Epiphone version of it one day.

Comment

Yikes. Is that the 40 pounds edition?

Comment

I can't decide if I should get one with p90's or humbuckers.
                  <div class="signaturecontainer">Video playing guitar at the beach - <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4OTqDn0JqE" target="_blank">www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4OTqDn0JqE</a><br />
                  Music video - Maersk rescue from pirates, original pictures, NAVY SEAL museum - <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22fJQ8t8ZY8" target="_blank">www.youtube.com/watch?v=22fJQ8t8ZY8</a><br />
                  Broken Hearted Surfer - Original Surf music and video featuring local Florida surfers - <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aFXhNoRhHw" target="_blank">www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aFXhNoRhHw</a></div>

Comment

I can't decide if I should get one with p90's or humbuckers.

Really both are cool but the P90 version has that Pete Townsend tone happening .... especially if you have a Hiwatt!

Comment

[QUOTE=John Backlund;46858209]I didn't give them much thought one way or another...until I saw videos of Sister Rosetta Tharpe rocking an ivory white, early 60's, Les Paul Custom. I've kind of wanted an SG that looked like hers ever since, might get an Epiphone version of it one day.

Here's another shot of Sister Rosetta Tharp
                      <div class="signaturecontainer"><b><b><font size="3"><b><i><font face="Garamond">Death leaves a heartache no one can heal<br />
                      Love leaves a memory no one can steal</font></i></b></font></b></b></div>

Comment

those Vibrolas are insane...
                        I am actually seriously thinking of selling my early 70s Norlin era SG...I rarely play it anymore.
                        I will say that it will do anything a lester will do...and do it faster, lighter and cheaper...
                        'head-diving' is standard on SGs....you really need to pay attention when 'wearing' it (not playing...)
                        _"We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties due to reality fluctuations. The elves are working tirelessly to patch the correct version of reality. Activities here have been temporarily disabled since the fundamentals of mathematics, physics and reason may be incomprehensible during this indeterminant period of instability. Normal service will be restored once we are certain as to what 'normal' is."

Comment

The thing I like about the current SGs Classic, standard and reissue is the necks are beefier at the joint and a bit wider at the nut. I had an 80 SG that was so skinny up there at the nut I had to get rid of it!

Comment

i lubb my 81.....and all the 61ri's ive had were stellar, too...proib had over 20 sg's, from 61ri's, to jrs' to sg-x's, specials....**************** i had them all....this one just has that extra mojo...AND low wide frets.....ive put it up for sale innumerable times but everybody is scraed of the 'dings'....and then i play it AGAIN and am like WTF, ..I-AM-NOT-SELLING-THIS-GUITAR
                            and the pups SMOKE.........
                            check out my stuff http://youtu.be/Buya2j06WwU<div class="signaturecontainer"><font color="red"><font size="1"><font face="Comic Sans MS"><b>Read your Bible, son. Genesis 6:6, Isiah 55:8, John 14:6<br><br></b></font></font></font></div>

Comment

these are just some ive had...ever had 2 tommy hilfigers...lol
                              ive had more guitars than any man shud be allowed to have
                              thank you Jesus

check out my stuff http://youtu.be/Buya2j06WwU<div class="signaturecontainer"><font color="red"><font size="1"><font face="Comic Sans MS"><b>Read your Bible, son. Genesis 6:6, Isiah 55:8, John 14:6<br><br></b></font></font></font></div>

Comment

Working...
                              X