Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

ok, so this is kind of funny, but really it isn't, but I thought it was funny ...

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ok, so this is kind of funny, but really it isn't, but I thought it was funny ...

sooo .... teh Acura RSX-S is 10 yearz old and has almoast 150K on it and I figured maybe I should change the transmission oil. ..

Well! actually I changed it at 50K miles and put in full synthetic, so I figured it could go for a while .... any way so I was surprised to see that I still had 1/2 gallon of oil in the one gallon jug in my garage .... it was the full synth GL5 stuff! .... and it makes sense because the first change took two quarts.... so I had enough for another change.

So I'm draining the old stuff out and was surprised that it was a very light colored gold .... didn't look dirty at all.

When I was putting in the new stuff, I had to fish it on down a clear t0ob into the gear box hole .... and it too was a light colored gold

.... and comparing the oil that was going in with the oil that came out, I was thinking, that was weird that the oil that came out wasn't even dirty in the slightest!

..... then I saw this clump trying to go through the hose ..... so with lightning fast reflexes I pinched it to stop it!

It was a big stupid garage fly! ............ and there was another one right behind it!

So, to make a long story even longer, I guess what happened and I forgot about it was; I must have saved some pretty clean looking gear lube for some odd reason and somehow it got put back up on the good oil shelf!

..... so I had to drain that out and go to teh store and buy new gear oil for real this time and dump it in.

Did you know that the real stuff is super super super super light colored, like almoast like just about clear!!!

Let that be a lesson to ALL of you.

Being a big garage fly myself, I resent your use of the word 'stupid'.

Comment

that is why I decided years ago to stop doing maintenance on my cars...garage flies.
      _"We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties due to reality fluctuations. The elves are working tirelessly to patch the correct version of reality. Activities here have been temporarily disabled since the fundamentals of mathematics, physics and reason may be incomprehensible during this indeterminant period of instability. Normal service will be restored once we are certain as to what 'normal' is."

Comment

yeah, and they're all STOOPID ! ..... otherwise they'd stay out of the oil.

Comment

yeah, and they're all STOOPID ! ..... otherwise they'd stay out of the oil.

No, the ones in the oil are proof of Darwinism...billions of garage flies do not get into the oil...only the stooopid ones do.
          _"We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties due to reality fluctuations. The elves are working tirelessly to patch the correct version of reality. Activities here have been temporarily disabled since the fundamentals of mathematics, physics and reason may be incomprehensible during this indeterminant period of instability. Normal service will be restored once we are certain as to what 'normal' is."

Comment

No, the ones in the oil are proof of Darwinism...billions of garage flies do not get into the oil...only the stooopid ones do.

This is true, but the ones that keep bumping into the window while the garage door is wide open are kind of dumb too

Comment

that one will eventually wind up in teh oil, too...

Comment

Working...
              X