X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Different string types

I too want to steer this forum back to guitar-centric topics. Always interested in new sounds, I've strung my guitars with some unusual strings. Hemp string is awesome, it imparts a delicious feeling of delirium. Kite string produces notes that go incredibly high. Rubberbands have a juicy, bouncy nature to them. Electrical wiring, WOW, it jolts the ears. Piano wire is pretty limited, but hitting the final chord of A Day In The Life is no longer a challenge. For my next experiment I'll be tuning up some Spanish Moss.

G.B.#275

OK We'll close down the business,have the manager shot,and give you back all your money.will that make you happy?

The Hot Rod Owner's Club

Comment

I liek telephone pole wire myself

Comment

I liek telephone pole wire myself

So do I, but I'd never think of stringing a guitar with it. C'mon, that's crazy talk.

Comment

I kill cats and use their intestines as strings.
          <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="5"><font face="Impact">DINOSAUR ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!</font></font><br />
          <br />
          <br />
          <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PR6kFdVU70" target="_blank"><b>Guide: how to ruin someone's day</b></a></div>

Comment

I kill cats and use their intestines as strings.

Why sure, but have you tried fossilized dino gut? Man, when you play, nearby pools of water vibrate.

Comment

I am making a set of ukelele strings from spider silk, but it is taking a long time getting enough material....
              _"We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties due to reality fluctuations. The elves are working tirelessly to patch the correct version of reality. Activities here have been temporarily disabled since the fundamentals of mathematics, physics and reason may be incomprehensible during this indeterminant period of instability. Normal service will be restored once we are certain as to what 'normal' is."

Comment

Walk through the early morning woods in summer and you'll become a spider silk string in five minutes.

Comment

So do I, but I'd never think of stringing a guitar with it. C'mon, that's crazy talk.

Well, I was talking about disconnecting them from the electric first silly!

Comment

Working...
                  X