Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My favorite beer just went up by 50 cents! In fact, ALL beer when up by

50 cents.

... not to mention all my groceries .... I bought like 6 piddly items and it ran me $35

Has Jimmy Carter been messing around the Whitehouse lately?

..... oh wait!

You'd think those useless bastids would realize that, with the economy in the tank, it would be in their best interests to keep beer prices low by whatever means necessary.

Comment

My beer baths are becoming too expensive. Dear Ann Landers, what will I do when beer is too dear to splarsh m' rear?

Comment

switch to wine...
        "We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties due to reality fluctuations. The elves are working tirelessly to patch the correct version of reality. Activities here have been temporarily disabled since the fundamentals of mathematics, physics and reason may be incomprehensible during this indeterminent period of instability. Normal service will be restored once we are certain as to what 'normal' is."

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally used up and worn out, shouting '...man, what a ride!'

Comment

I'll have to start brewing my own beers at home. It can be done you know ......

Comment

bootlegger!
            "We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties due to reality fluctuations. The elves are working tirelessly to patch the correct version of reality. Activities here have been temporarily disabled since the fundamentals of mathematics, physics and reason may be incomprehensible during this indeterminent period of instability. Normal service will be restored once we are certain as to what 'normal' is."

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally used up and worn out, shouting '...man, what a ride!'

Comment

I think maybe Ohio beer prices are not set in the White House. Try checking the governor's mansion.

No offense intended, but (see above) . . .

Old is the new new.

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.
              -Dorothy Parker

Comment

Sales tax in the Netherlands just went up from 19% to 21%. Goddamn life is getting expensive.
                DINOSAUR ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guide: how to ruin someone's day

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by bluesfella
                  View Post

Sales tax in the Netherlands just went up from 19% to 21%. Goddamn life is getting expensive.

If I were a Greek, I'd give you a big plllllllllllpppp!!! and thank you for helping me afford a Mercedes.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Timezarrow
                    View Post

I think maybe Ohio beer prices are not set in the White House. Try checking the governor's mansion.

Well, basically everything is set by teh whitehouse .... I mean, when your King spends trillions of dollars on nothing, someone has to pay for it ..... I'm seeing it in beer prices and milk, and guitar strings, and gas, and electric bills ....

Comment

no, the White House is not in charge really of anything, it is after all just a big building...the president is in charge of policy making....the power to tax rests with Congress, the power to legislate rests with Congress...so if you want to blame this on someone, call your representative and your Senators.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by daddymack
                        View Post

call your representative and your Senators.

They have enough splattered stew on their plates without my self-serving motives. But then, if they're dying to rub my rhubarb....

Comment

that's what they get paid for!

Comment

You jest!

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by daddymack
                              View Post

no, the White House is not in charge really of anything, it is after all just a big building...the president is in charge of policy making....the power to tax rests with Congress, the power to legislate rests with Congress...so if you want to blame this on someone, call your representative and your Senators.

No politics in the Cool Jam Don't make me report you

Comment

Working...
                              X