Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi, I'm new here! :) Was lookingk for teh map forum ??!1

is it ok to talk maps here?

ok well, anyway ......

soOoo I go to this guitar show and there was nothing good. I end up buying a purple jewel light for $4 and a y cable mic cord for $5 and an old Elvis style original shure mic for $110 with teh propriatary cord and some DVD about some Camaro and Challenger killer gore movie from the 70s for $2 .....

.... and then when I thought all hope was lost, I find this Ibanez toob map for $200

I'm thinking it was from teh 80s but it's really from like 2010. Soo, we plug it in and it has 2 12AX7s and 2 6V6 tube ..... sounded HUGE! Warm clean fender tones .... and it has an Ibanex TS9 tubescreamer built inside of it! so I hit that and holy CRAP is this a good sounding map! .... and then on top of the over drive boost, there is a solo boost, so you basically have clean, crunch and solo out of one map!

Now mind you, I have vintage Hiwatts, Orange Retros, vintage Marshalls, Mesa boogies, vintage Fenders and so I pretty much know when a mop has good tone, and this thing jsut RIPS ! ! !

sooo I pay the man $200 for the map and footswitch and get it home. It sounds even 1,000,000,0%better through my Mesa 2x12 cab which was impossible until I actually did it!

The thing is, it's chassis mounted 6V6 t0obz are cheap-o chinese t0obx and I can't wait to slap some USA RCAs in there .... 12AX7s as well.

Wow, just when you thought the world was falling apart, there are little gems out there that still give you hope!

Better hurry, with inflation taking off like it is, these will be $500 by the time you read this

Here is a link: http://www.zzounds.com/item--IBATSA15H

Shhhhhhhhhhhh! I was waiting for those to be ignored until they wound up on SDOTD for $100.

Now seewhatyouwentanddid!?!?!?

Comment

Shhhhhhhhhhhh! I was waiting for those to be ignored until they wound up on SDOTD for $100.

Now seewhatyouwentanddid!?!?!?

....sorry, really it's a piece of crap

[COLOR="lightblue"]
      I'll poast some clipz!

Comment

I tried one out a while back when they first came out, [because I like blond amps] and the only real drawbacks were no reverb and the footswitch, which makes all the good things work, was not included
        O/w, its a solid 15W head, crappy tubes (as noted), their matching cab is kinda meh, but serviceable, the triode/pentode option works nicely, and the solo boost (with the footswitch ) works really well, volume without over coloring, and a standby switch (which Fender has stopped putting on their new lower wattage tube amps ).

For the package head and cab, this'll run retail ~$500, and in many ways that is a decent deal...if only it had reverb and the footswitch...
        "We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties due to reality fluctuations. The elves are working tirelessly to patch the correct version of reality. Activities here have been temporarily disabled since the fundamentals of mathematics, physics and reason may be incomprehensible during this indeterminent period of instability. Normal service will be restored once we are certain as to what 'normal' is."

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally used up and worn out, shouting '...man, what a ride!'

Comment

and the only real drawbacks were no reverb and the footswitch, which makes all the good things work, was not included
          O/w, its a solid 15W head, crappy tubes (as noted), their matching cab is kinda meh, but serviceable, the triode/pentode option works nicely, and the solo boost (with the footswitch ) works really well, volume without over coloring, and a standby switch (which Fender has stopped putting on their new lower wattage tube amps ).

For the package head and cab, this'll run retail ~$500, and in many ways that is a decent deal...if only it had reverb and the footswitch...

Yeah, even new it's probably not too shabby. I'm kind of surprised how good the chinese tubes sound, but tonight I'm going to crank up some RCAs and see how that goes. I usually run delay rather than reverb and so I'm fine with no reverb. It sounds loud enough to gig with, although micing it would be the way to go.

Comment

15W is plenty loud, unless you need a crap load of clean headroom.
            "We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties due to reality fluctuations. The elves are working tirelessly to patch the correct version of reality. Activities here have been temporarily disabled since the fundamentals of mathematics, physics and reason may be incomprehensible during this indeterminent period of instability. Normal service will be restored once we are certain as to what 'normal' is."

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally used up and worn out, shouting '...man, what a ride!'

Comment

15W is plenty loud, unless you need a crap load of clean headroom.

It actually does have decent volume clean. 6V6 t00bs are pretty good about that. My Vox AC15 is the loudest 15 watts I've ever heard :eeks ..... it's VERY loud, in fact you need to find the sweet spot and when you do, it's crazy loud. This Ibanez is the master volume, so easier to control.

Comment

Working...
              X