X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robot Monster Halloween Pic

Just thought I'd post this picture of me in my Robot Monster costume in front of my house to greet the trick-or-treaters on Halloween.

Of course, nobody had any idea who I was supposed to be. Possibly, you don't either. "Robot Monster" was a 1953 B-movie about an alien monster who planned to take over the Earth. The monster was simply a guy in a cheap gorilla suit wearing a space helmet.

I already had a cheap gorilla suit, so I made a space helmet from a globe and a plastic bucket and Voila!--Robot Monster.

Don't know why it came out sideways, but you get the idea.
    Michael D. www.mdlmusic.webs.com "I'm tired of rock-and-rolling Let's get married, Honey, let's go bowling" --Martin Mull

Happy hunting. Just don't startle the three-year-olds, they're mean.

Comment

Love it!

We had 0/none/nil/nicht/zip 'trick or treaters' at our new place this year... ...at the old place, we used to go home early and would be handing out goodies until midnight...
      "We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties due to reality fluctuations. The elves are working tirelessly to patch the correct version of reality. Activities here have been temporarily disabled since the fundamentals of mathematics, physics and reason may be incomprehensible during this indeterminent period of instability. Normal service will be restored once we are certain as to what 'normal' is."

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally used up and worn out, shouting '...man, what a ride!'

Comment

One of my all-time favourite movies - I saw it on a double-bill with Plan 9 From Outer Space. Just be careful with the Calcinator Death Ray.
        Website http://forcepics.net63.net

Comment

nice job on the helmet

we didn't have any guest either so I get to eat all the Almond Joys.

G.B.#275

OK We'll close down the business,have the manager shot,and give you back all your money.will that make you happy?

The Hot Rod Owner's Club

Comment

We had about 6 small groups, which is a record high for us. We're gearing up for 8 next year...

Comment

If anybody wants to see the movie :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wUF0lKLQ3s

Thanks MDL for reminding me of this classic. By some miracle a copy downloaded itself from Utube to my PVR
              Website http://forcepics.net63.net

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by happy hours
                View Post

nice job on the helmet

we didn't have any guest either so I get to eat all the Almond Joys.

Yeah, I had to struggle through the Milky Way Midnights and Snickers...still some left, amazingly

I knew it would be slow, so I held off on buying our usual 8 bagsof candy ( ) and just bought one 40 oz....

I gotz my 40, an' I'm woikin' on it
                "We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties due to reality fluctuations. The elves are working tirelessly to patch the correct version of reality. Activities here have been temporarily disabled since the fundamentals of mathematics, physics and reason may be incomprehensible during this indeterminent period of instability. Normal service will be restored once we are certain as to what 'normal' is."

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally used up and worn out, shouting '...man, what a ride!'

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by daddymack
                  View Post

Yeah, I had to struggle through the Milky Way Midnights and Snickers...still some left, amazingly

I knew it would be slow, so I held off on buying our usual 8 bagsof candy ( ) and just bought one 40 oz....

I gotz my 40, an' I'm woikin' on it

You guys are lucky. We had three huge bags of candy from Costco and they were pretty much depleted except for a few packs of Smarties.

But since I have Diabetes, I didn't get to eat any candy anyway.
                  Michael D. www.mdlmusic.webs.com "I'm tired of rock-and-rolling Let's get married, Honey, let's go bowling" --Martin Mull

Comment

Beware of Apes in diving helmets!

Comment

That is clever and cool! Did you have velcro on your feet?

I bet all the kids were too busy texting to notice anything different

Comment

Working...
                      X