Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

I bought a new map this weekend and it may be one of teh best maps I've evAr had! 111

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I bought a new map this weekend and it may be one of teh best maps I've evAr had! 111

soooOo it's a Reebes 12Volt combo and it is really a surprise how touch senstive it is. I touched it to pick it up and an arm came flying out teh back and slapped me!

Anyway, it's 12 volts, with one 12Ax7 and 2 EL84 power to0bz. The cabinet is baltica Birch and really kind of big, but not too heavy. The 12 inch speaker fits in there with lots of spare rooom around it. It has a high and lowlife input and interactive bass, treble and mid control along with the volume. They offer a built in power soak but I don't see this map needing one .... it's kind of loud wide open and not killer loud like a Marshall 2061x 20W or something like that.

The weird thing is, it came with a WGS 50W ceramic speaker which I thought was a cheap-o speaker, so I ripped it outta there and installed a Celeston Gold Fired her back up and while she sounded good, I think the WGS sounded better for some reason. It had cleaner tone to it and it broke up later in life The Gold broke up earlier and compressed more ..... so I'm liking the dynamics with the GWS. The cone and doping looks top notch and they are made in teh USA, so not bad at all really.

Finally, lastly, I stuffed and Amperex Bugel boy in the front end and that was the ticket for THAT! I think the JJ EL84s sound pretty darn good, so I left em alone.

It's really a great map. I got it for a measly $600 locally, so that was even better.

Thank you, that will be all for now I may poast pics later on if I find some spare time.

ok, everybody, I hope you have a good day today and just remember only YOU can prevent forest fires!

12 voltseses? it can run off of teh car battererery?
    "We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties due to reality fluctuations. The elves are working tirelessly to patch the correct version of reality. Activities here have been temporarily disabled since the fundamentals of mathematics, physics and reason may be incomprehensible during this indeterminent period of instability. Normal service will be restored once we are certain as to what 'normal' is."

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally used up and worn out, shouting '...man, what a ride!'

Comment

Sounds like a vintage steam-powered car amp.

No offense intended, but (see above) . . .

Old is the new new.

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.
      -Dorothy Parker

Comment

HNAD!

Comment

HNMD?
          Proud member of the Les Paul Jr Crew

Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain't going away - EP

Thanks, and rock on! - Your Harmony Central team

Comment

It can run of positive thought waves if it wanted

I have new neighbors that moved in yesterday and so I'm trying to keep teh tonez down to a low roar. It's reallly hard to do

Comment

no, you should break them in with teh map...otherwise, it may be too big a shock to them when teh map gets teh kranked

"We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties due to reality fluctuations. The elves are working tirelessly to patch the correct version of reality. Activities here have been temporarily disabled since the fundamentals of mathematics, physics and reason may be incomprehensible during this indeterminent period of instability. Normal service will be restored once we are certain as to what 'normal' is."

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally used up and worn out, shouting '...man, what a ride!'

Comment

krank it up, mon' krank it up!!!!!!
                Just call me Es'Jo'
                HCGB Agent #108

That's what I like about you, Es'Jo'...ya got taste! -Daddymack

Comment

yeah, tehy got teh Who Concert yesterday!

I don't think they were home though

Comment

It took a pic of it just for references poipases >

Comment

that is a 1x12? It looks like you could skweez 2 10s in there corner to corner...and the white piping is very sofisticufficated looking...

Comment

yeap, The 12 is like shoved over moar on one side, so I'm thinking 2 x10 would probably work. It wieghts only about thoity poundz, so it'x not like it will give you a hernia or anything

I need a cover for it!

Comment

fender deluxe reverb cover should fit that...maybe...dimensions?

don't say 'hernia', m'kay...

Comment

I'll have to mention it and see. i mean meausuer it!

Comment

Or Blues Jr cover. Nice lookin piece of flatiron, McWeedyBucket.
                              Just call me Es'Jo'
                              HCGB Agent #108

That's what I like about you, Es'Jo'...ya got taste! -Daddymack

Comment

Working...
                              X