X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trace, check this out

Andy Goldsworthy does some beautiful stacked rock, ice, wood etc., sculptures but this guy really brings it!

http://enpundit.com/balanced-rock-sc...gravity-alone/
    NOTE: The absence of smilies in this post should not be taken to mean that I think your post is stupid, nor that I loath, despise, or hate you; nor that I disrespect you and all your works; nor that I see you as victim or lawful prey; nor think you have the intellect of half a loaf of bread; nor that I find you disgusting or unworthy or otherwise hate your behavior, opinions, politics, gender, sexual orientation, culture, ethnic background or language.

F*** 'em if they can't take a joke!

Wow!!!! Thanks for sharing, Bob. I've seen quite a few shots of Goldsworthy's work, but, you're right... this guy has the mojo working tight!

The boys and I found a tremendous lithium pegmatite location yesterday in an area that mindat.org seems to have overlooked. good for us!

We stumbled on a prospect on the hillside and spent most of our time thinking where we thought we wanted to be, extracting some decent beryl and schorl specimens, but on our hike out we found the "real" deal. huge piles of tailings and boulders ripe for hammer and chisel work. The boys each found a few small elbaites so we're looking forward to a return trip soon as long as the weather holds out. Rock-hounding with the temp. in the mid 40's suits me just fine. No skeeters or snakes!
    Write something else...

Comment

Are you guys getting any gem quality stuff, or just small specimens?
      NOTE: The absence of smilies in this post should not be taken to mean that I think your post is stupid, nor that I loath, despise, or hate you; nor that I disrespect you and all your works; nor that I see you as victim or lawful prey; nor think you have the intellect of half a loaf of bread; nor that I find you disgusting or unworthy or otherwise hate your behavior, opinions, politics, gender, sexual orientation, culture, ethnic background or language.

Comment

The beryls we found in the prospect are nice. some of them are gem quality, certainly. I'll get some pics once they're properly cleaned.

We went back on Saturday, but there were hunters. One of them being the son of the property owner. We chatted for a bit, gaining permission to rock-hound there whenever we want once hunting season is over. He said he doesn't usually give permission, but we "look like nice people" he said. We ended up going to another site in the area, but it's been pretty well picked through. We managed to find mostly specimen-quality beryls and a few columbite pieces. Two of the smaller beryls my son found are pretty gemmy.

We're looking forward to going back, but I doubt the weather will hold out for us much longer. Temps in the 40's and no snow cover so far is conducive to a 4 hour outing, but that won't be the case soon.
        Write something else...

Comment

Trace, thanks for the links to your son's site! As I said in my pm, it's a fine thing to have this hobby in common with your boy.

Comment

Working...
          X