X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Revamping the set list........

After sliding into a state of near limbo over the past year, we've decided to scrap a significant part of our set list. The plan is to take a few months off from gigging and work in some new material as well as a couple of original pieces. I'm looking forward to getting some blues tunes in the lineup. I'd like to channel the Clapton/Landreth vibe, but neither of us is a slide player. It's still worth a little time just to see what happens, though. While we need the new material to revitalize the band, I'm going to miss the gigs. The acoustic group I play with hasn't booked anything lately, either. *sigh* Oh, well........onward and upward!

band gigs that pay are getting tough to find around here, which is why I am working on my solo act...and doing some local jams. Slide is not all that hard, you just need to spend some time...and learn the open tunings (or not... I know plenty of guys who play slide in standard).

_"We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties due to reality fluctuations. The elves are working tirelessly to patch the correct version of reality. Activities here have been temporarily disabled since the fundamentals of mathematics, physics and reason may be incomprehensible during this indeterminant period of instability. Normal service will be restored once we are certain as to what 'normal' is."

Comment

• SwampMusic
      SwampMusic commented
      Editing a comment

Either of us can learn a specific piece (within reason) or part playing slide. But, listening to Landreth and trying to emulate a player of that caliber is fairly daunting..png" alt=":smileyfrustrated:" title="Smiley Frustrated" /> 

Working...
X