Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

Announcement

Harmony Central has “soft launched” our new mobile experience this past week. While we have done extensive testing, we know that with a community as large as HC that there will be items that surface that will still need to be addressed. We are asking that you utilize the thread belowto report any challenges you may encounter. Here are the things we request you provide: A brief description of the issue, the device and operating system version you were using, the browser and version, screen resolution, and a screen shot of the display.
Thanks for your patience as we work towards the best experience we can provide to our community.

http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/...ablet-feedback
See more
See less

Ronnie Wood

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ronnie Wood

Hi all, I'm just reading Ronnie's autobiography.

Good read as he has lived the elite rock star life.

What really nailed my attention was that he said he played guitar and bass on Maggie May.

I've always loved that song and was taken with the guitar intro and the bass lines. Classy stuff.

So I downloaded the original song from utube and it included a short classical guitar piece, the track before MM.

Thinking back to the '70's I seem to recall that tune being on the LP.

I wonder if anyone here could tell me,if Ronnie played that also?

And if not who did.

Cheers.

Every Picture Tells a Story came out in '71, and IIRC, there were no less than four guitarists mentioned, including Stewart's occassional songwriting partner Martin Quittenton (of Steamhammer) and Ronnie Wood (who also played bass on some of the songs*)...anyway Quittenton wrote 'Henry', the track you mentioned, so I am going to guess he was the one who played it. He also co-wrote 'You Wear it Well'.

*Many forget Ronnie was the bassist on both Truth and Beckola, before he and Stewart split off to form the Faces (which kept them from performing at Woodstock with Jeff Beck, although they were listed in the promo posters).

anyway

_"We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties due to reality fluctuations. The elves are working tirelessly to patch the correct version of reality. Activities here have been temporarily disabled since the fundamentals of mathematics, physics and reason may be incomprehensible during this indeterminant period of instability. Normal service will be restored once we are certain as to what 'normal' is."

Comment

Scrubby wrote:

Hi all, I'm just reading Ronnie's autobiography.

Good read as he has lived the elite rock star life.

What really nailed my attention was that he said he played guitar and bass on Maggie May.

I've always loved that song and was taken with the guitar intro and the bass lines. Classy stuff.

So I downloaded the original song from utube and it included a short classical guitar piece, the track before MM.

Thinking back to the '70's I seem to recall that tune being on the LP.

I wonder if anyone here could tell me,if Ronnie played that also?

And if not who did.

Cheers.

Zemantis Guitar it might have been

Woody has a few

http://www.jimicrowley.com/pics/ronke.jpg

Attached Files
      Posts as of Jan 10th 2013: 82,617

Comment

Working...
      X