X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think I want a JC-120

I have always loved the shimmery stereo sound - and they are really loud but clean!

I just need a roady to carry it around for me. Or put a hydraulic lift in my truck- the kind people put those little scooters on.  And a motorized cart for it.

NOTE: The absence of smilies in this post should not be taken to mean that I think your post is stupid, nor that I loath, despise, or hate you; nor that I disrespect you and all your works; nor that I see you as victim or lawful prey; nor think you have the intellect of half a loaf of bread; nor that I find you disgusting or unworthy or otherwise hate your behavior, opinions, politics, gender, sexual orientation, culture, ethnic background or language.

F*** 'em if they can't take a joke!

IIRC, those beasts are about 60-65#, about the same as a Twin Reverb.

My Vibrolux Reverb is ~40#, and I rarely take that out anymore unless we are on a big festival stage...the BJs are ~30#, and the Super Champ XD is ~25#...guess which one is going to the gigs lately?

If you really like the Roland JC120, put casters on it....and get one of those aluminum motorcycle ramps

_"We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties due to reality fluctuations. The elves are working tirelessly to patch the correct version of reality. Activities here have been temporarily disabled since the fundamentals of mathematics, physics and reason may be incomprehensible during this indeterminant period of instability. Normal service will be restored once we are certain as to what 'normal' is."

Comment

• Pine Apple Slim
      Pine Apple Slim commented
      Editing a comment

Great amps! I'd own one and a Twin too, if I had a roadie.

The big Cubes sound almost as good. Great JC model. Plus some good Tubey tones. Not so great for acoustic tho.

Comment

• Dan Furr 59
      Dan Furr 59 commented
      Editing a comment

i love the JC-120 also.........but I came pretty close putting 2 small amps together back in the 80's.

• Smilin' Bob
      Smilin' Bob commented
      Editing a comment

Pine Apple Slim wrote:
      The big Cubes sound almost as good. Great JC model. Plus some good Tubey tones. Not so great for acoustic tho.

Yeah, I'd like to try a Cube 80XL and see what it sounds like with my guitar. Guitar Center Reno doesn't stock them tho.

For what it's worth.. I owned one for years. I paired it with my American Strat and the clean tones along with the reverb and chorus sounded so amazing. Roland has it's sound down! And yes, mine had casters on it. It was a heavy beast.

Comment

Working...
    X