Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT: Suggest some fun projects with casting plaster?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Suggest some fun projects with casting plaster?

I have a bag of casting plaster and want to do some fun projects with my kid. Any of you have any experience making molds?

you had to ask...?

hand prints, foot prints, faces...if you want to cast body parts, apply a very thin coating of baby oil/mineral oil to the skin before coating with tthe plaster.If you are doing faces, remember to insert straws in both the mouth and the nostrils.

for hand print/footprint (child size) use a pie tin or other disposable dish, fill partially with plaster...leave adequate room for fluid displacement...you can add more, but dealing with overflow is a PITA

_"We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties due to reality fluctuations. The elves are working tirelessly to patch the correct version of reality. Activities here have been temporarily disabled since the fundamentals of mathematics, physics and reason may be incomprehensible during this indeterminant period of instability. Normal service will be restored once we are certain as to what 'normal' is."

Comment

I was hoping you'd reply! Thanks a million - this is exactly what I'm after.

Comment

• daddymack
        daddymack commented
        Editing a comment

pics, or it didn't happen...

Maybe next weekend. Spent most of this weekend sanding drywall joins and priming walls and ceilings.

Comment

Working...
      X