Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your pocketbook on bulbs

reviews.cnet.com/8301-17889_7-57603731/its-the-end-of-the-light-bulb-as-we-know-it

NOTE: The absence of smilies in this post should not be taken to mean that I think your post is stupid, nor that I loath, despise, or hate you; nor that I disrespect you and all your works; nor that I see you as victim or lawful prey; nor think you have the intellect of half a loaf of bread; nor that I find you disgusting or unworthy or otherwise hate your behavior, opinions, politics, gender, sexual orientation, culture, ethnic background or language.

F*** 'em if they can't take a joke!

I was not able to access your review but if you are talking about those low energy bulbs that look like heating elements, they are totally useless. You can still get the old ones if a shop has old stock but once they run out that will be that. Who was it who said that they are in favour of progress but hate change. That is modern life. This iPad thing I currently have is a status symbol toy and not really up to much. You don't even get an instruction oak with it. My neighbour's son helped me out with it, otherwise it would till be in the box . He thinks it is 'awesome'. God, how I hate that word, I'm just an old bastard who has outlived is usefulness. That's how it is.
    Professor Tom

Comment

• Smilin' Bob
      Smilin' Bob commented
      Editing a comment

Professor Tom wrote:
      I was not able to access your review but if you are talking about those low energy bulbs that look like heating elements, they are totally useless. You can still get the old ones if a shop has old stock but once they run out that will be that. Who was it who said that they are in favour of progress but hate change. That is modern life. This iPad thing I currently have is a status symbol toy and not really up to much. You don't even get an instruction oak with it. My neighbour's son helped me out with it, otherwise it would till be in the box . He thinks it is 'awesome'. God, how I hate that word, I'm just an old bastard who has outlived is usefulness. That's how it is.

Tom, the article was about low energy bulbs, and how although they have a higher initial cost, they pay off on long life. Also about how those based on LED technology have improved on light quality a lot. Plus, halogen bulb, which are an incandescent technology, are an energy efficient one and will remain available when they stop selling the Edison type bulbs next year. But manufacturers are still experimenting with other incandescent technologies that will do better on energy consumption. The florescent bulbs still suck for light quality, IMHO.

Working...
X