No announcement yet.

Do You Care About Sustain?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do You Care About Sustain?

I used to be really into it. As of late, I'm a clean guy. I don't even use pedals anymore

It's still fairly important to the role I play in the current band. I don't use pedals to augment it any more, though. The comp and distortion pedals really didn't help all that much. The only thing I use along those lines these days is a clean boost for single note stuff.

Comment

Stonedtone wrote:

I used to be really into it. As of late, I'm a clean guy. I don't even use pedals anymore

You may need a lil OD box if you are using a single channel amp, but I told you this is where you would end up over a decade ago.

Sustain is nice depending on what you are trying to do. It not like cut and dry or all or nothing.

Posts as of Jan 10th 2013: 82,617

Comment

• Stonedtone
        Stonedtone commented
        Editing a comment

Mikeo wrote:

Stonedtone wrote:

You may need a lil OD box if you are using a single channel amp, but I told you this is where you would end up over a decade ago.

Sustain is nice depending on what you are trying to do. It not like cut and dry or all or nothing.

My style, as of the last many months is no pedals. I set the amp to respond to volume boosts from my guitar. I don't need raging distortion. My amps find the sweet spot, all the time

Working...
    X