X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P-90's?

I have a Hamer Artist w/Phats and a Lag Roxane with Frakin P-90's. I just love the single coil sound with  more grind. Hums tend to bury the note definition

I have a 1964 Gibson ES-330 and a 63 Gibson SG Jr...both with real vintage P90's...but to be honest, I don't think pickups make a guitar.  The person playing the guitar does.

Comment

• daddymack
      daddymack commented
      Editing a comment

Miss Flannery wrote:

I have a 1964 Gibson ES-330 and a 63 Gibson SG Jr...both with real vintage P90's...but to be honest, I don't think pickups make a guitar.  The person playing the guitar does.

agreed...also how high the pick ups are set relative to the strings...and the string gauge. P90s have a very distinct 'edge' to them, especially when over-driving a small tube amp.

• SwampMusic
      SwampMusic commented
      Editing a comment

Miss Flannery wrote:

Perhaps not, but I think that it definitely affects how I interact with the instrument. P90s just suit me well most of the time and that, I believe, carries over into how I play. If that makes any sense. .png" alt=":smileywink:" title="Smiley Wink" /> 

Working...
X