X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's in YOUR glass?

This thread is dedicated to adult beverages. What's your favorite? Run accross a new cocktail recipe? Obscure craft beer? Whatever has caught your fancy lately, share it with us! :smiley-eatdrink004:

Being a bourbon fan, I'm always on the lookout for something special. I just picked up a bottle of Beam Signature Craft a few days ago and I'm pretty impressed with how smooth it is.

http://www.mensjournal.com/food-drink/drinks/the-oldest-jim-beam-ever-20130812

The next time I make it down to Charleston, I'm going by Total Wine to pick up some St. Bernardus Abt 12. It's supposed to be on a par with the Trappists' beer, which I am way too cheap to pay for, so this looks like it's worth trying.

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/259/1708

So, what's in your glass, lately?

:smiley-eatdrink004:

I'm a Scotch drinker, and my every day fave is  blend, The Famous Grouse. I do like single malts as well. I do not like any Johnny Walker variety.

For beer, I'm a Pacifico fan; as far as I'm concerned:

NOTE: The absence of smilies in this post should not be taken to mean that I think your post is stupid, nor that I loath, despise, or hate you; nor that I disrespect you and all your works; nor that I see you as victim or lawful prey; nor think you have the intellect of half a loaf of bread; nor that I find you disgusting or unworthy or otherwise hate your behavior, opinions, politics, gender, sexual orientation, culture, ethnic background or language.

F*** 'em if they can't take a joke!

Comment

• Professor Tom
      Professor Tom commented
      Editing a comment
      Try 'Highland Park' which is actually from The Orkneys and a fine taste and scotch fans seem to like it. My personal favourite is 'Laphroiag' from Islay which is very peaty and aromatic.
      In a little village on the Fife coast (Lower Largo) there is a hotel called the Robinson Crusoe (Alexander Selkirk the man who inspired the book) with a pub with whiskers that line the walls. An impressive sight.

A lady friend left the better part of a bottle of Van Gogh PBJ [peanut butter and jelly] infused vodka here after a party a couple weeks ago...it is not what I look for in an on-the-rocks 'evening sipper'...okay, I'll say it : GAWD OFFAL...I do like the Van Gogh chocolate and coffee infused versions though..much more subtle.

_"We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties due to reality fluctuations. The elves are working tirelessly to patch the correct version of reality. Activities here have been temporarily disabled since the fundamentals of mathematics, physics and reason may be incomprehensible during this indeterminant period of instability. Normal service will be restored once we are certain as to what 'normal' is."

Comment

• johncruzer
      johncruzer commented
      Editing a comment

Something interesting....

Gogle use glasses

water drink in glasses

car having clasess

window closed by classes.....

Bottles are classes :smiley-music012:

Whisky is my newfound love. (Not JD) Most types Scottish or Irish are great. So much better than beer in the winter ; )

Not bad for song writing either! 

:smiley-eatdrink048:

Comment

• daddymack
      daddymack commented
      Editing a comment

This week it has been San Miguel beeer ( they have strong version now called 'red horse') and Tanduay Rhum...about $2 a bottle....gotta go with the local stuff when in Rome...

I like to support the local brewers. I met the owner. He claims to still be in the red. Good beer

http://www.cottrellbrewing.com/new/2010/09/mystic-bridge-ipa/

Comment

• SwampMusic
      SwampMusic commented
      Editing a comment

Stonedtone wrote:

I like to support the local brewers. I met the owner. He claims to still be in the red. Good beer

http://www.cottrellbrewing.com/new/2010/09/mystic-bridge-ipa/

I checked out their website and saw an SC distributor. I thought I might get a chance to try it out, so I checked the distributors link. It really doesn't say anything about beer on the site. I'm not sure what's up with that..png" alt=":smileyfrustrated:" title="Smiley Frustrated" />

I prefer Macallans 12 year old...But can't afford it. So most times cheap Scotch.JB, Ballantines, Scoresby....But I'll drink piss out of a boot if it's got alcohol in it.

www.soundcloud.com/alamojoe

Comment

Working...
    X