X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serious off topic question

I'm looking for my half sister who was adopted. I unfortunately only have a few details. I only know her date of birth, the hospital she was born at, and the city the adoption agency was located in. Nothing else.

Anyone have any ideas where I could start? It's hard searching online without having a name.

On my next day off I plan on calling the hospital and seeing what I get from them. Then I guess I'll call adoption agencies in city I was told about.

Any ideas?

I'd start by googling something like "find adopted sister." I'll bet there are organizations that could help and you could also find how individuals like yourself were able to do it.

I'd beware of anyone offering help you for any kind of fee, and look more than twice about requests for your personal information. There are a lot of cons out there looking for assets of desperate people.

NOTE: The absence of smilies in this post should not be taken to mean that I think your post is stupid, nor that I loath, despise, or hate you; nor that I disrespect you and all your works; nor that I see you as victim or lawful prey; nor think you have the intellect of half a loaf of bread; nor that I find you disgusting or unworthy or otherwise hate your behavior, opinions, politics, gender, sexual orientation, culture, ethnic background or language.

F*** 'em if they can't take a joke!

Comment

• kadrocker1
      kadrocker1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, there are tons of sites that want me to pay to help search. I'm sure some are legit but ehh. I'll try and do my own searching if I can.

Like I said, not having a name is proving to be frustrating.

If you have the name of the adoption agency and it's still in business they may not be allowed to give you her information but they might be able to contact her or her family on your behalf. Start digging and asking questions. If you can afford to, hire an investigator who will probably have some experience and is better connected than you.

Comment

• OU8124ME
      OU8124ME commented
      Editing a comment
      On the Murry Show (TV) sometimes they have a name or phone number of a adoption agency or missing persons @ the end of the show

Just Sayin ^

• Stonedtone
      Stonedtone commented
      Editing a comment

monstermaker wrote:

If you have the name of the adoption agency and it's still in business they may not be allowed to give you her information but they might be able to contact her or her family on your behalf. Start digging and asking questions. If you can afford to, hire an investigator who will probably have some experience and is better connected than you.

Or an attorney. They can find ways to get info.

I have off work tomorrow, so I'll actually have a few minutes to look online to see what I can find.

I have a phone number for maryland catholic charities. Someone who was in the same boat as me had help from them.

Thanks for all the replies. I'll see what I can get into tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
    X