Help wireing my MONO output jack which has 3 wires going to it on my Brand New Jackson Rhoads JS32

hseeley1

• Members

the title says it all. There are 2 insulated 1 that is not ( I presume this is the ground). Is there a chance that Jackson wired this brand new guitar in stereo to mono? if so, I know whats up.wire both+ together to the higher of the two lugs and the ground to the lower of the lugs. and if I wire in stereo to mono jack, will i be able to play in a mono format on my marshall mono amp as always?

• Members

Wait, what? I don't think it's stereo to begin with, since no one wants a stereo guitar.

I assume you have a barrel jack, that's located on the side of the guitar, and the jack has 3 lugs. One lug naturally goes to ground, the other lug, goes to the hot output, that unused lug, is used with a set of EMG's or another powered pickup is installed. It would connect the black ground battery to the main ground, completing the circuit. This way, when you unplug the guitar, the battery isn't being used. If no EMG's, it does nothing.

And welcome to the forum, and when asking a tech quisetionn, pics REALLY help.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members
Wait' date=' what? I don't think it's stereo to begin with, since [b']no one wants a stereo guitar.[/b]

That's not always the case.

7e6d7f7a40d2a31de3fc917c01a91256.jpg

Gibson built several different models with seperate outputs for each pickup. This feature was particularly effective with amplifiers like the Twin Reverb where the two channels are out of phase.

The stereo Gibsons usually included a Varitone switch which is particularly effective when using the guitar with a Twin Reverb (in the Fender amps of that era that do not have reverb, the two channels are not out of phase).

• 8 months later...

Archived