Positive Grid BIAS Amp Modeling Plug-in..

AlamoJoe

• Members
I've been using it for a while and I like it a lot but it makes my MacBook Core 2 Duo work pretty hard.

It sounds quite good and actually feels like a tube amp.

Thanks for the feedback onelife. I'm thinking seriously about buying it. I'm new to playing through a DAW but my kid is working nights so since my music room is next to his bedroom, I'm restricted to playing through headies on weekends during the daylight hours. The amp models included in Sonar are ok, but looking for some more tone options.

Read enough of your posts to accrue a real respect for your opinions, so thanks again for the feedback!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I use it to teach on, write, demo and do some pre-production work. It sounds great, especially when paired with impulse response. Let me know if you want some samples and what types and I'll see if I can whip some up for you to check out.

• Members
I use it to teach on' date=' write, demo and do some pre-production work. It sounds great, especially when paired with impulse response. Let me know if you want some samples and what types and I'll see if I can whip some up for you to check out.[/quote']

That's very kind of you!

• Members

So here's something I whipped up. I thought a short tune would kind of make sense since you can hear it in context of demo/pre production. I used a little bit of eq and compression in the output channel, otherwise all the effects and eq is straight off Bias.

Every tone is Bias with an Ownhammer Impulse response for cabs. The bass is all bias.

Intro guitar - Tele into an SIR modded JCM and a Rockerverb 50

Intro melody - 335 into a Fulldrive style OD into modded AC30

Clean guitars - Tele into a Hiwat and Dumble with delay

Tele into same amps with Trem

Chorus guitars - 335 into a JCM 800

Chorus Solo - Les Paul Standard into a 5150 iii and a Diesel VH4

All guitars except the Les Paul were tuned down to Drop C. Les Paul is in standard

• Members
Jeezus Reuben that sounded GREAT! Kudos on the chops as well!

Sound Freakin' GREAT!

Thanks buddy! I really love the program and I got it down pretty sweet in my workflow so I always get excited when someone asks me about working with Bias.

I forgot to add that my DAW of choice is Logic Pro. I've got a ton of channel presets ready to go with Bias and IRs already set so its all one click and I'm good to go! I really feel that nothing really gets in the way of creating and it's taken me a long time to get to this point of finding the right combo for me.

• 3 months later...

Archived