EZmix 2: good alternative to Amplitube

lucaprivitera

• Members

Complete with simulations of amps , speakers, effects for the whole band, EZmix 2 will not replace a good analog instrumentation . Rather, it presents itself as a viable alternative economical and practical in a recording studio home for guitarists , but not only.

EZmix 2 has amazed even a ' purist ' like me, who relied (at least so far) exclusively on analog systems for recording electric guitar .

The plugin produced by Toontrack can be used not only as amplifier simulator , but also for all that concerns the mixing of a real track . Inside it we find effects for vocals, bass , guitar, drums , etc. . Everything is finally managed under Protools or any other recording software to quickly and immediately without taking too much of the processor. This condition can often help a lot, especially in the most challenging phases of recordings that include the use of a variety of active plugins .

fetch?id=31280625&type=small

The most important question of how it sounds EZmix 2 , the answer is : very well .

EZmix 2 lets you choose from a wide section of simulated amplifiers and cabinets, all in my opinion excellent. The dynamics is good, the timbre of the instruments is convincing and the effects of environment such as reverb and delay effects are really well done.

It is obvious that this plugin ( like many others ) should not be seen as a definitive alternative to an analog system , but can be considered rather as a means of fast and especially silent that allows users to record great guitar sounds without the risk of dropping the walls of the house .

I propose a cover made ​​by me with EZmix 2 , in which I try to emulate one of the most beautiful sounds of electric guitar in the last ten years, the sound of Andy Timmons and in particular the sound of the album Resolution . The song in question is " The Prayer / The Answer" , good listening .

Archived