FYI - Guitar Rig 3 on sale

Anderton

• Members

Got this press release a few minutes ago, thought it might be of interest. - CA

-------------------------------------

Press release - for immediate release

-------------------------------------

Native Instruments Launches "Tone Up For Summer" Special Offer for GUITAR RIG 3

Berlin, July 6th, 2009 - Native Instruments has just launched the "Tone Up For Summer" special for GUITAR RIG 3, a time-limited offer that gives access to the acclaimed digital guitar studio at substantial discounts of up to 50%.

With its wide variety of authentic emulated guitar gear based on advanced Dynamic Tube Response modelling, complemented by a host of versatile performance features, GUITAR RIG 3 is the industry-leading amp and effects emulation system for guitarists and producers of all styles and genres.

Until August 31st 2009, the "Tone Up For Summer" special offer puts the GUITAR RIG 3 Software Edition at a suggested retail price of $169 / EUR 149 and the GUITAR RIG 3 Kontrol Edition with included foot controller/audio interface at $449 / EUR 399, available from authorized dealers and in the NI Online Shop.

Further information on GUITAR RIG 3 is available at

www.native-instruments.com/guitarrig.info

About Native Instruments:

Native Instruments is a leading manufacturer of software and hardware for computer-based music production and performance. The company's mission is to develop innovative, fully integrated solutions for all professions, styles and genres. The resulting products regularly push technological boundaries and open up new creative horizons for professionals and amateurs alike.

• Members

Thanks for the heads-up, mirrored to my blog. Guitar Rig 3 was my first purchase in amp modeling and it is an excellent, comprehensive software that gives you a lot of power and flexibility. I don't think it has the best sounding amp models or cabinets, but its effects are top notch and its routing and control options unmatched by other software.

• Members

If you get Komplete with the software edition of Guitar Rig, can you buy the foot controller as an add on later?

I think you can,. but I already have a Rig Kontrol so I wasn't worried about it. It's pretty pricey though, IIRC. Maybe just mapping a MIDI footboard would be a better option.

• Members

I think you can,. but I already have a Rig Kontrol so I wasn't worried about it. It's pretty pricey though, IIRC. Maybe just mapping a MIDI footboard would be a better option.

That's a good idea, as I wouldn't really need the interface part of it.

I already play with sequenced backing tracks in Logic for every song - I bet I could program all my switching to an automation with Guitar Rig, although that might take some of the fun out of things.

• Members

That's a good idea, as I wouldn't really need the interface part of it.

I already play with sequenced backing tracks in Logic for every song - I bet I could program all my switching to an automation with Guitar Rig, although that might take some of the fun out of things.

Probably. I'm just getting started with Logic and that thought had corssed my mind as well, but I never really explored it in Sonar.

• Members

Maybe just mapping a MIDI footboard would be a better option.

Thats my path.

Candidates are

Yamaha MFC10

Roland FC300

Behringer FCB-1010 with UNO firmware.

Just connect to your MIDI I/O port - or get a basic $50 mAudio USB to MIDI I/O adapter.

Remember USB restricts you to around 5 meters feet max distance to the PC/Mac.

Although I dont trust it more than 10 feet.

Archived