Question to RC-50 users - how to use a click/metronome with it?

Santuzzo

• Members

Hi,

I have an RC-50 Loop Station and I want to use it for playing in a band with a drummer.

I need to make the RC-50 run a clicktrack along the tune, so I can send that to the drummer's headphones.

Now I looked though all the rhythm guide patterns and they all sound pretty horrible to me (but that's beside the point) and there is not even a simple metronome in the guide patterns.

So, how do you guys do this?

Do you record or import a WAV file containing a click?

Or is there an easier way of doing this?

Thanks,

Lars

• Members

If I recall correctly (I sold my rc50 and replaced it with a Jamman stereo) theres a thythm guide pattern thats Kick drum on beat 1 and hi hat hits on 2,3 and 4. I would send that to our drummer using the sub outputs.

Are you chopping live loops or using it as a backing track player?

Thanks!

I want to record the loop while playing, play it back and then add another loop on top of it.

Do you like the Jamman better than the RC-50?

Lars

• Members

Thanks!

I want to record the loop while playing, play it back and then add another loop on top of it.

Do you like the Jamman better than the RC-50?

Lars

I like the jamman considerably more. It has a ton more memory, its a smaller stage footprint, and you can even use an SDHC card for additional memory, so theres really no practical limit on the amount of loops you can store. An 8gb card could give you a dozen or more hours of stereo loops. Also, theres no short initial dropout with the jamman that I would get on the rc50 when you stop recording a loop and it plays back.

The downside to the jamman stereo is that its only one 'track'. The rc50 allows you to have up to 3 different loops going at once. The Jamman you can overdub on top of your loop, but its not multiple phrases all seperately controlled. I didnt need this, as I use the unit mainly as a way to play backing tracks live with my band.

Rolands new RC30 allows two tracks at once I think.

• Members

I like the jamman considerably more. It has a ton more memory, its a smaller stage footprint, and you can even use an SDHC card for additional memory, so theres really no practical limit on the amount of loops you can store. An 8gb card could give you a dozen or more hours of stereo loops. Also, theres no short initial dropout with the jamman that I would get on the rc50 when you stop recording a loop and it plays back.

The downside to the jamman stereo is that its only one 'track'. The rc50 allows you to have up to 3 different loops going at once. The Jamman you can overdub on top of your loop, but its not multiple phrases all seperately controlled. I didnt need this, as I use the unit mainly as a way to play backing tracks live with my band.

Rolands new RC30 allows two tracks at once I think.

Thanks!

Yes, that short drop-out you mentioned also does annoy me.

For the rest I really love the RC50 but I still need to learn how to really use it.

Archived