Effectology #25 "Recreate Blade Runner with guitar/effects"

Bill Ruppert

• Members

Effectology Episode #25 Blade Runner

"Recreate the theme from Blade Runner with a guitar and effect pedals"

Hi everybody!

In this episode I show how to recreate the classic synthesizer theme from the movie Blade Runner using just a guitar and effect pedals!

Pedal settings and how-to:

http://www.ehx.com/forums/viewthread/5497/

If you dont own these pedals, experiment with ones you do have that are similar.

If you have any questions please ask!

Bill Ruppert

[video=youtube;lf3kG-tLUG0]

• Members

Same here - that Vangelis soundtrack I listened to over and over and over again and now I hear a 3 CD version with all of the music from the film (and some that wasn't in the film with the same feel/sound) is available. Fantastic!

And the funny thing is, that's the SECOND cover of the Bladerunner theme on guitar that I know of. The other one was done by a guy called "Al the Great White Shark" who was in a jazz combo who played it in the jazz idiom. "Al" was one of the two guitar players in the alternative/progressive rock group "A Ghost to Kill Again".

Bill's take, though, is super cool because not only are the sounds spot on but it conjures the atmospheric Vangelis type feel with the swirling filter sweeping conjuring the flying "spinner" of Deckard flying thru the air. I think Vangelis would be pretty amazed and impressed.

Hearing this, it reminded me of another evocative synthesizer driven recording: I bet Bill could do a spot-on take of Jean Michel Jarre's "Oxygene Part IV" (notable for the catchy melody, early polysynth work, atmospheric filter sweeps and rare weird early french beatbox and driving synth bass)......

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived