Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Effectology Vol 23: "The Ravish Sitar"

Hi everybody!

Effectology Vol 23: "The Ravish Sitar"

In this episode I explore the amazing sounds of the Ravish Sitar pedal.

Settings forum page:
    http://www.ehx.com/forums/viewthread/5138/

Thanks for watching,

Great job, as always Bill.
    The sound of the sitar has intrigued me ever since hearing a Ravi Shankar record back in the late 60's, and I even had the honor once of interviewing him for a magazine article. I had read about the debut of the Ravish Sitar pedal but wasn't really considering it since I have sitar sounds in my VG-99 and GR-33. But that pedal is way more versatile than I expected. I'll have to check one out in a music store. Thanks for the video.

Comment

Fantastic. The early demos sounded poor, but clearly this effect is really an instrument in and of itself which has to be learned. The intro in addition the stuff from 4:25 onward now has this pedal high on my gas list.
      Will Chen Trio | FrugalGuitarist.com | FG on Facebook | Forum

Comment

This is much more than a mere sitar emulation product - I realize that they needed to "pigeonhole" it for marketing purposes but I can think of about 10 other different things it can do. It's not for the power chord guitar players but the sonic explorers. EH to the rescue again. So my question is: "After the pog, the pog II, and this, what ELSE can they do?"

Comment

So my question is: "After the pog, the pog II, and this, what ELSE can they do?"

Fortunately I think this is a question they often ask themselves, which is how those effects were initially conceived.
          Will Chen Trio | FrugalGuitarist.com | FG on Facebook | Forum

Comment

Thanks for watching guys!
            Bill

Comment

Working...
            X