Upgraded

BryanMichael

• Members

to the POD HD Pro from the HD500. Continuing my journey with Line 6 after a decade plus of Roland/BOSS and I am finally "feeling it". I'd still like to run a BOSS GT-PRO in the Fx loop of the POD though ;)

Thanks, yet again, to Phil Chen for pointing out the INPUT issue and how it made my LP overdrive the unit. L6 needs to get on that as far as default routing goes. There are several threads at the L6 forums in that regard as well, but it saved me from quitting on the HD series.

:thu:

• Members

to the POD HD Pro from the HD500. Continuing my journey with Line 6 after a decade plus of Roland/BOSS and I am finally "feeling it". I'd still like to run a BOSS GT-PRO in the Fx loop of the POD though
;)

Thanks, yet again, to Phil Chen for pointing out the INPUT issue and how it made my LP overdrive the unit. L6 needs to get on that as far as default routing goes. There are several threads at the L6 forums in that regard as well, but it saved me from quitting on the HD series.

:thu:

I must have missed that; what was the input issue, and how was it fixed or worked around? Also I think it's Will, not Phil. :D

• Members

I must have missed that; what was the input issue, and how was it fixed or worked around? Also I think it's Will, not Phil.
:D

Yes, I typed "Phil" out of habit of being in the effects forum. :facepalm: The basic issue is that the HD500 and HDPro technically have stereo inputs, one is the normal guitar input while the other can be a Variax or the XLR input, or it can "double" the regular input...it's set up that way so that you can TRULY process two separate tones through their own paths, the problem is that when it "stacks" your regular input, it results in a very hot signal, not terrible usually for single coil strats but humbuckers and active pickups...look out! Switching the second input in the settings menu to "variax" or anything other than the guitar or "same" cures the issue.

• Members

Yes, I typed "Phil" out of habit of being in the effects forum.
:facepalm:
The basic issue is that the HD500 and HDPro technically have stereo inputs, one is the normal guitar input while the other can be a Variax or the XLR input, or it can "double" the regular input...it's set up that way so that you can TRULY process two separate tones through their own paths, the problem is that when it "stacks" your regular input, it results in a very hot signal, not terrible usually for single coil strats but humbuckers and active pickups...look out! Switching the second input in the settings menu to "variax" or anything other than the guitar or "same" cures the issue.

A. Good to know, since I've got a 500 coming Friday, and

B. That's really friggin' stupid on L6's part, but at least there's a workaround

Thanks!

Archived