X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Converting a 13 pin cord?

I want to get the Roland GR-55 Synthesizer with the GK 3 Pickup. I'd also like to use the pickup with midi software I have on my computer. Is it possible with the GK3?

You've got 5 pin midi from the GR55 and a USB aswell. One or both of those two will likely get you there. Straight from the GK? I wouldn't think so.

Comment

You've got 5 pin midi from the GR55 and a USB aswell. One or both of those two will likely get you there. Straight from the GK? I wouldn't think so.

Comment

Yeah, you need to go: guitar with gk box and use the midi out (if the box has a guitar-to-midi converter onboard) to a computer with softsynth or hardware synthesizer.

Comment

Yeah, you need to go: guitar with gk box and use the midi out (if the box has a guitar-to-midi converter onboard) to a computer with softsynth or hardware synthesizer.

Comment

hey beano,

just so we're clear on it -- the GK pickups aren't "MIDI" pickups, they don't actually produce  midi or other form of 'synth' signals -- they are "hex" (short for hexaphonic) pickups.  they send a pretty standard analog signal from each string down the cable on a separate wire and then those individual signals get read and converted in whatever box you are using (like  GR synth)

so you need that extra box to do the work...it's not just a simple plug compatibility thing

Comment

If you have software, why not WAIT for the fishman triple play to come out?

Comment

Working...
              X