Are there any well known Christian music artists using the axe fx II? Or any ax?

webe123

• Members

I was just wondering this. Most from what I have seen are either country or rock artists.

I know Lincoln Brewster used an Axe Fx uUtra a couple years back but then switched to a pod HD 500? (Never did understand that! He said he did it so he could play something his fans could afford. But I am a "fan" of Joe Walsh....yet I doubt I could "afford" the gear HE has! But so what? Not going to make me any less of a fan.)

Anyway, are there other christian artists besides Lincoln Brewster that use an Axe Fx??

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Where did you see Brewster say this? I think it was the opposite. From what I remember he was playing a line 6, running direct. And then he said it wasn't road worthy so he got the Axe Fx. Did he go back to the Line 6 again? Either way, his tone is not much different with either unit. 

There are probably a lot of Christian artist that do use an Axe fx but most of them use line 6 units. 

I myself use the GSP 1101 and the Line 6 HD500. But I mostly use the Line 6 as a midi controller for the 1101 because the 1101 sounds better. And it feels better. But I do not run direct. I run through a tube power amp and then to a cab. Lincoln runs direct and it works for him but I'm not a fan of that.

Archived