Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amplitube free. SLO 100 with reverb pedal.

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amplitube free. SLO 100 with reverb pedal.

So I looked for anyone else talking about this to no avail. SLO 100 has no reverb. Bought the reverb pedal and it actually sounds like a reverb pedal running into a high gain amp (like ca-ca). The pedal needs to virtually be run in the virtual effects loop. Anyone got a solution to this? Do I just need to buy the full version of Amplitube? I'm a noob with this Amplitube thing.

Your pickups, and their height adjustment, will have a great effect on Amplitube sound,
    or any other modeled gear/software. A nice full but unclipped Input Level signal will make it easier
    for the Amplitube amps controls to work as designed, providing a wide range of tones.
    You may also have cabinet and mic choices, and mic placements to help dial in the sound you want.
    Did you join the Amplitube group-buy?
    Make sure all your system sample rates are the same, so cpu doesn't lag with extra maths.
    String gauge can make a difference, and without multiple guitars on hand, strings should be mated
    with pickups known to be best for the type of music you play most often. A high quality soundcard
    will help by providing convertors that let all the good guitar output reach Amplitube,
    and then get out accurately to your speakers/headphones/recorders.

For a temp reverb, you can use the Amplitube Flanger pedal with RATE and FBK set about 15% and DEPTH and LEVEL about 85%, change the room types, or use a reverb plugin after Amplitube in your daw. I like the free TAL reverbs,
    Glaceverb, and others

http://kunz.corrupt.ch/products/tal-reverb

http://dasample.com/index.php?show=glaceverb   but there are so many other good ones.

Comment

• crimean
      crimean commented
      Editing a comment

Hopefully, the modeling/simulation developers will care enough about

the scope and iron world, to avoid producing a plethora of

over-the-top preset generators. I read where that is a common selling point

among hardware pedal boards, advertising xxx-ions of features.

Some of the less commercial developers at guitarampmodeling.com are dedicated

to reproducing what goes on under the hood, and competition among commercial devs

seems to be driving the quality of results higher. I've been very fortunate, while not having the money

for great gear, I discovered digital/modeled alternatives, that far exceed what I hoped for,

and from my perspective, seem limitless.

The qualifier being that I love the sounds I can create, while still not being able

to differentiate between popular tones of Marshalls, Fenders, Oranges, Soldanos etc

real, or modeled. 

• mrbadwr3nch
      mrbadwr3nch commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm a bit of a tube geek as I'm sure you gathered. I am semi-lucky in the sense that I own and have owned a good bunch of great amps.

The differences are becoming much harder to hear. The big difference for me is the feel. I'm sure as the tech continues to improve, the feel will be much more real.

I hope there are more developers like Positive Grid who really seem to be scope and iron guys at heart out there. It would certainly boost my interest in the digital side of things but there's just something about tubes being hammered within an inch of their life that is a huge part of my playing.

• crimean
      crimean commented
      Editing a comment

Which reminds of another digital dilemma, that having instant preset level access to such

a vast array of sounds, which can divert one from becoming 'a player', who learns and uses

technique and dynamics to bring music to life, rather than just turning a knob,

or stomping a pedalboard. I read discussions about the moments after a pick hits a string,

and how it is a crucial moment, dynamics very difficult to model accurately. And in my case,

there is a mental war to wage, reminding myself to practice and move forward, without all

the filter sweeps and gated delays, tell the story with the hands, and let the rest

settle in later.

Working...
X