Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

just returned from playing my first festival event...

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just returned from playing my first festival event...

a week long adventure... over 5000 in attendance, and my efforts were rewarded beyond my expectations. the promoter brought personal friends to my dome several times throughout the event and offers to play meditation/spiritual retreats from california to bali are being discussed for next year. yes, i said bali! all that is past and tentative at this point, however, my next big gig is floridas regional burning man event, Love Burn, jan 26-28th on virginia key, south of miami beach. ive been called twice by the promoter “to make sure i knew he was serious about wanting me there” and one of the top attractions from last year requested we be set up side by side!
    the irony is that most of my life, ive worked towards musical success in standard ways but this is completely off the cuff... i never rehearse... i play several times a day but everything in performance is improvised, on the spot... i dont even decide what instruments to set up until i see the venue... its a different world than ive known. even people familiar with this type of performance dont quite know what to do with me, so ive been setting my own rules, lol... im digging this!
    my p0asting days were numb bird... now im done... bye.

Wow, that's great.

I've alays believed that both music and meditation are a pathway to The Divine. When you base your performance on the situation you are in at the moment, there is a much better chance that it will make the connection.

I think is is great that people like what you are doing and it's probably because it is genuine - not contrived.
    "In many ways, most people’s happiness, peace and love are mortgaged to the external situation. So, if the stock market goes up you are happy, if the stock market goes down you are unhappy. But the quality of life is not about what is around you. Our ability to live joyfully here does not depend on the size of the house we live in or the car that we drive. These things make your life comfortable and convenient but the essential quality of your life is how you are within yourself right now."

Comment

i got a call from the promoter of burning man... thats still a good haul, but one never knows!
    my p0asting days were numb bird... now im done... bye.

Comment

Ride the Tiger My Man! Long time coming for you, and richly deserved!
      http://thebasement.createaforum.com/

Comment

Working...
      X