Looking for feedback...considering pursuing singing further but not sure if it will be worthwhile

jstark2020

• Members

Hey everyone,

I've never really pursued singing other than recording myself when I have spare time.  I think I have a good sound when not nervous and would like to take it further by taking some classes or doing more in-depth self-study.  I'd appreciate any feedback on what I should focus on and what I am doing wrong/right based on a couple partial acapella covers of random songs I put out there.

The URL is: https://soundcloud.com/jack-stark-7/sets/partial-song-sampling-acapella

Hurt (Johhny Cash), Summertime Sadness (Lana Del Rey), Hallelujah (Leonard Cohen), Counting Stars (OneRepublic), Don't Look Back In Anger (Oasis), Last Kiss (Pearl Jam), Rolling In The Deep (Adele)

One thing is I'm not sure what my 'true' voice is, which is why I posted several shortened covers.

Any feedback (bad or good) is welcome--hope to talk more with you all!

-Jack

• Members

Thanks for the feedback all--I will keep on working on it.  I think it would be beneficial to learn an instrument (I'm a super beginner at the piano) or find some musicians to collaborate with to take it to the next step.  Will definitely come back here for future questions and feedback.  Thanks again...

• 4 weeks later...

Archived