Please please help! I need major critique on my voice.

sutiff

• Members

Hello!

So im auditioning for an acapella group. :/ as you know from my last questions i dont have the best confidence. anyway i wanted to do demi- skyscraper. 

first of all do you think its a good audition song??

And second I recorded a clip of me singing the first verse, first chorus, and second verse. can you please take a listen to the whole thing and tell me if its decent or not? Especially the second verse i dont know if the high notes were ok.

Please tell me what i could work on, I sang it similar to the live performance she did because i liked the high notes from it.

Here is the link:

Thank you for your time!!

I got a reply on yahoo answers, and they said it sounded really awful and i needed to drop my jaw alot more. can you please expand more on it. i really need help! thank you.

• Members

You have a great vocal tone - so you should definitley keep singing. Are you listening on headphones to the music as you sing? Or are you singing this totally accapella? Your wavering in and out of the key so sometimes you're flat and sometimes you're sharp. I'd say this is not a good demo as you need to tighten up the pitch.

• Members

you have nice tone, you sound like you're young and have a lot of potential. Right now you should focus on singing the song with the music first, getting the pitch right with acapella can be tough. You sang the chorus a lot lower than the original song, so practice with the music first and then you'll get better at singing it acapella.

• Members

Hi Sutiff,

First of all, 

you have a really nice and beautiful voice tembre. 

couple of things:

1. on the chorus you went out of the key. 

2. you are a little nervious - try before you sing to take couple of deep breaths. Really blow "the baloon" in your lower stomach while your lips are like you want to whistle, and inhale slowly as you can hear the sound goes in to your baloon. Then exhale with an SSS sound. Do this couple of times, very relaxed, take your time.

Tell me how do you feel.

• Members

Thanks so much!!!

Haha ya I realize that now...I went quite a bit too low. I gotta to work on that!!!!

T T yeah i get super nervous, Im going to try that espescially for my audition this Weds. 

Thanks so much for your  great advice and time :D

• 2 months later...

Archived