Need help regarding Speaking voice

qwert12

• Members

Hello everyone ,

i do not smoke , sing or put any strains on my voice ( no illness ) . I don't know why my voice sounds so unusual/strange  than my friends .i am trying hard to learn everything about how voice works its components but i am still unable to figure out whats wrong with my voice . it has been like this only as far as i can remember. Can any experienced person just listen to it once please and tell me whats wrong and what area needs improvement ? i do not aim to be a singer but i do want to have a strong speaking voice.

Here is my reading voice sample ( non native ) 

http://picosong.com/RWiC/

i am sorry if i have posted in wrong place or if anyone feels bad about me asking about it. Thanks a lot for taking out time to read and reply .

Regards

• Members

Well it sounds as though you may have strained your larynx at one point as I hear a very faint delineation in your epiglottal region.  You could strengthen your voice by doing breathing exercises (I recommend the "Schnerp Method" developed by Deborah Schenerpenstein, look her up on Youtube) that focus mainly on the soft palate leading to the uvula (uvulopalatopharyngoplasty not required here unless the breathing exercises fail to work the upper obbligato in the diaphragamtical ranges). 

You can also try to strengthen the vocal chordial sections by sound exercises, try doing 20 sets of the following:

Maow maow maow maow.

Oog oog oog oog

Ferp ferp ferp ferp

Work up from soft to very loud, once you're comfortable with that, try pinching your nose and doing them, this is a great workout for the larynx.  Record it and listen back for improvement, and post the recording here as well so we can check your progress.

Hope this helps.

• Members

really really grateful to you for taking time to reply . i did quite a bit of searching for the schnerp method ..

no links on youtube

and google showed results linking to this forum, no other results .. most of the posts are by a member named   Urca. Can you please give a link or youtube video or anything ? 

once again really thankful to you for your feedback 

• Members

Crqc wrote:

Well it sounds as though you may have strained your larynx at one point as I hear a very faint delineation in your epiglottal region.  You could strengthen your voice by doing breathing exercises (I recommend the "Schnerp Method" developed by Deborah Schenerpenstein, look her up on Youtube) that focus mainly on the soft palate leading to the uvula (uvulopalatopharyngoplasty not required here unless the breathing exercises fail to work the upper obbligato in the diaphragamtical ranges). 

You can also try to strengthen the vocal chordial sections by sound exercises, try doing 20 sets of the following:

Maow maow maow maow.

Oog oog oog oog

Ferp ferp ferp ferp

Work up from soft to very loud, once you're comfortable with that, try pinching your nose and doing them, this is a great workout for the larynx.  Record it and listen back for improvement, and post the recording here as well so we can check your progress.

Hope this helps.

You REALLY get off on being no help at all, don't you? You have some poor soul here looking all over Youtube for the "Schnerp Method",  and I suppose that's one way to get your jollys, especially while sitting at the computer in your jammies waiting for your mom to finish making your grilled cheese sandwich, just the way you like it with the crust cut off and all....to the OP, this guy is screwing with you, and has no intention of being of any real assisstance...

..........Bobby

Archived