UGH THE FRUSTRATION

Uh_Me

• Members

So I'm messing around doing a recrording of The White Stripes' song, "Seven Nation Army". I think I have the music down the way I wanted it, but the vocals are killing me. I've redone the things a hundred times, but can't NOT make them sound like crap. Any tips to improve the quality of the vocals would be much appreciated. I want to make it sound as if World War 3 just broke out and everyone in the battalion I was in just got massacred and I'm half dead myself. Kinda weak, tired, but determined. If any of that makes sense and you can help please do. I've about had enough.

Also, any other comments on the music itself are welcome if you happen to have any.

http://anthonylong.bandcamp.com/track/seven-nation-army

Thanks

• Members

Welcome to vocal technique, it can be EXTREMELY frustrating eppesially at the start. I remember wanting to punch walls at times!

It sounds OK at the moment it will sound worse to you because it's your own voice and that will always take getting used to, I would recommend working on getting a more consistent airflow / cord closure as you move through the words, this video might help: 

Also before it sounds good it has to be easy, once you find it easy you can add to the sound and make it whatever you like getting rid of any push and keeping things as consistent as possible throughout is what is going to make it sound good, that takes time and patience.

Best of luck! 

Archived