Am I a baritone or tenor?

• Members

I'm not really sure,

My lowest note I think is about b2

And I think my highest note is about b4

And I have to sing in head voice about at g4

But I don't have the best pitch...

and I dont really sound good in my head voice and I'm most comfortable in my middle

And in show choir I am tenor (except one song I was baritone) but there were only 5 guys in my show choir last year,.. And there were only two tenors

But here's me singing *badly*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=926rrRlkirs

Also, my voice kind of feels tired and somewhat tight after singing in my head voice for very long

• Members

Singing higher is not the issue. Don't force yourself to do something...concentrate on making EVERY note in your comfort range perfect, I'm gonna guess anything below F4 at the moment. I've been doin this sh*t for 14 years, and I still practice scales almost on a daily basis.

• Members

hi, rockketheart!

first off, let me just say that you have good tone. what that means is your voice is naturally pleasing to the ear. so good for for you. on the other hand, it's quite obvious that you lack practice. you can't take advantage of that natural tone you have unless you practice. a lot.

don't worry too much about baritone, tenor, or whatever just yet. that's for when you want to specialize. at this point it's hard to tell you which sound you should be specializing in. get the basics down by following the links the others here have put on. especially those from static. i've checked them out and used them myself.

but most impotantly, keep going! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

I think you just need to form a band straight away and start getting a following now. Your voice is clearly suited for these kinds of songs. I won't use your voice to sing pop songs though. You may want to learn scales and improve your range but a lot of singers get carried away with those things and loose their feel.

you sing these verses with emotion. Getting better technique might actually hinder you. just my 0.02.

Archived