X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• silly question

Okay this may sound silly but I am very new to singing and I was wondering if you are suppose to try to keep your larynx down while you are singing in your head voice? I find it very difficult to make a pretty sound in my head voice, sound more like my talking voice?

There's not really any hard and fast rules. If you keep your larynx pretty low and sing in head voice, you're gonna get an operatic sound. People who sing pop usually use a neutral or slightly higher larynx position to get that particular sound. So as long as you aren't jamming down your larynx or choking it up, then you should be okay. Maybe you can try working on lifting the soft palate instead, that's where most singers get their resonance and colour regardless of genre/style.

Comment

• Ambita
      Ambita commented
      Editing a comment

Thank you! I will be sure to do the sirens and stop forcing it down so low. When I finally improve ill post another song and yall can tell me what you think

• Ambita
      Ambita commented
      Editing a comment

I figured out how to work my soft palate, and Omg does it makes a hugeeeeeeee difference! Thankkk you

• davie
      davie commented
      Editing a comment

Ambita wrote:

I figured out how to work my soft palate, and Omg does it makes a hugeeeeeeee difference! Thankkk you

That's great! Looking forward to hearing you later.

Working...
X