Need critique on my singing.

aharon13

• Members

I am 16 , have never taken any lessons ,only teacher i have had is my guitar.

the rec below is a very casual recording , done w/o any sort of practice and is the first rec i did.

uno. people on fb and yahoo really liked it . a few said it was just okay. i find it pretty bad,honestly.thus i need an expert to guide me.i need to know whether or not there is potential in me.please be honest.

and i know its breathy , but that was intended.

also,after listening , could you tell me ways to improve on my singing , except f-t-f vocal coaching[because the place i live in has no vocal coaches , at all] , what is the best way to improve acc to you.money not an issue.nor is time devotion or effort.

https://soundcloud.com/aharon-13/somebodys-me

thanks for your time.

• Members

I listened to your voice clip. My comments are these:

You have a good voice to sing

You need to come closer to the mike and your recording engineer has to help you because your words cannot be understood. I think it is because you do not have proper recording equipment. So that's technical issue only.

Then your guitar strumming needs improvement. You may get some help by searching with "cool grove 44 strumming patterns" on youtube. 

With regard to your breathing: You should take voice lessons and learn few breathing lessons also

Since you sing in tune and rhythm and If you are serious in making to the top then some guitar lessons and voice lessons could help.

aharon13 wrote:

I am 16 , have never taken any lessons ,only teacher i have had is my guitar.

the rec below is a very casual recording , done w/o any sort of practice and is the first rec i did.

uno. people on fb and yahoo really liked it . a few said it was just okay. i find it pretty bad,honestly.thus i need an expert to guide me.i need to know whether or not there is potential in me.please be honest.

and i know its breathy , but that was intended.

also,after listening , could you tell me ways to improve on my singing , except f-t-f vocal coaching[because the place i live in has no vocal coaches , at all] , what is the best way to improve acc to you.money not an issue.nor is time devotion or effort.

thanks for your time.

• Members

Thank you for your reply.

as for equipment , i had my mobile phone recrder and an acoustice guitar. the studio was the bathroom.

you think i have a good voice? i think quite the opposite :p i find it irritating.

i just  dont feel good when i hear the song i recorded. it always seems disappointing. i really want to sound like those singers i love to hear. tell me , were they good from the very beginning or were they something like me?

also , please hear out this other song and tell what you think about it.

https://soundcloud.com/aharon-13/a-team

and also , please recommend any on-computer vocal lessons. i know of singingsuccess. is that good?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I like your voice. I think some of the people that make it on radio don't deserve to be there... because voices like yours I could see being a lot better with the same editing they have.

I would suggest just singing more, singing different parts of the song individually to improve on them.

Archived