Please Critique My Singing Voice

asianguy

• Members

First post!

In all honesty, I hate my singing voice and can't stand to listen to it for more than 10 seconds before I turn off the recording haha. To me it sounds monotone and forced. I've been trying to sing more and more, but I feel like I'm not improving at all and that maybe I should take vocal lessons or just quit while I'm ahead and focus more on my guitar playing instead. I'm posting this here to get critique from you guys because whenever I send files to my friends and family, they all say it's good regardless without any type of real feedback.

Anyway, here it is: 

• Moderators

Guitar and voice are good. Doesn't sound forced to me. Maybe the opposite. Could use some more energy in the vocals and infuse a bit more personality in your singing.

Voice lessons would be a good idea, especially if you're serious about your singing. Some may think that voice lessons are for people who have bad voices, but its actually the opposite. Its for people with good voices that want to unlock its full potential.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I second everything that Davie has said, you could insert a little more life into your music so that more life will come out and shine thru your music. You have the potential, just improve on the passion in your songs and you will see the difference in reception from others. The talent is there, but is lacking luster and feeling. You have good talent and I hope to see you soar.  Good Luck.

• Members

You can be good on Guitar and voice with practice. you need to improve on your guitar strumming patterns and also learn to play guitar by taking a few guitar lessons and also take some lessons on voice. That will change you. Do not give up but just go on.

Check this You Tube. It has some basic information about guitar, keyboard and voice.