Please Critique My Singing Voice

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Critique My Singing Voice

First post!

In all honesty, I hate my singing voice and can't stand to listen to it for more than 10 seconds before I turn off the recording haha. To me it sounds monotone and forced. I've been trying to sing more and more, but I feel like I'm not improving at all and that maybe I should take vocal lessons or just quit while I'm ahead and focus more on my guitar playing instead. I'm posting this here to get critique from you guys because whenever I send files to my friends and family, they all say it's good regardless without any type of real feedback.

Anyway, here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GS_M1h2Aupk

Guitar and voice are good. Doesn't sound forced to me. Maybe the opposite. Could use some more energy in the vocals and infuse a bit more personality in your singing.

Voice lessons would be a good idea, especially if you're serious about your singing. Some may think that voice lessons are for people who have bad voices, but its actually the opposite. Its for people with good voices that want to unlock its full potential.

Comment

I second everything that Davie has said, you could insert a little more life into your music so that more life will come out and shine thru your music. You have the potential, just improve on the passion in your songs and you will see the difference in reception from others. The talent is there, but is lacking luster and feeling. You have good talent and I hope to see you soar.  Good Luck.

Comment

Yea just keep doing what your doing , you don't realise that your getting better day by day ... Finally you will realise that your singing better than you did before !!!

Comment

You can be good on Guitar and voice with practice. you need to improve on your guitar strumming patterns and also learn to play guitar by taking a few guitar lessons and also take some lessons on voice. That will change you. Do not give up but just go on.

Check this You Tube. It has some basic information about guitar, keyboard and voice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5olWacFz3h4

Comment

• ido1957
            ido1957 commented
            Editing a comment

Stop spamming your stupid Rockatar thingy

• Ambita
            Ambita commented
            Editing a comment

Your voice doesnt sound forced at all, I think it sounds nice. It sounds very natural and flows nicely.

I think your voice is really good in this one. I would like to hear you sing a more challenging song to get a better idea, because with this one staying within a certain key you do it very well.

Comment

• Bribby
            Bribby commented
            Editing a comment

I liked your voice even more after listening to this song. You have a very good voice, I could easily hear you on the radio. Actually I could totally just chill in a room and listen to you play and sing all day. I think I actually love your voice! You don't have a really strong, boistrous voice like some male singers, but you have a luring, comforting voice that makes people want to get to know you. I also love Coldplay, so I really liked this version. I just now made my youtube and only have one video up, but I subscribed to you on there.

• asianguy
            asianguy commented
            Editing a comment

^^ you just made my week. Thank you!

• Bribby
            Bribby commented
            Editing a comment

You're very welcome. Here is  a cover I did of Almost Lover by Fine Frenzy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=zeQWpqvlt0M

Working...
        X