Vocal range question

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vocal range question

Spoiler

Hello all. I decided to measure my vocal range with a software called sing&see,and i have a question. It seems that the lowest notes of mine are around E2 (hitted few times D2 but it didn't feel quite comfortable). My highest notes (chest voice) are around C4  or D4 (not sure if i can hit d4 regularly or it was an exception) and my head voice goes up to D5(eventhough i hitted g5 once but it i couldnt do it again) 
    So the question is: what's my vocal type? I know that it is really subjective because there are hundreds of characteristics added up to this decision but still, can you give me an idea?

Hi!

Well, I think that you are in between tenor and alto.

You can see it on the Vocalrange scale.

Hope that helps!

But remember, that everybody is different, so its just a general scale system, its not uncommon to be between two...

Comment

• Sandie Nielsen
      Sandie Nielsen commented
      Editing a comment

• Sandie Nielsen
      Sandie Nielsen commented
      Editing a comment

• tehpr0
      tehpr0 commented
      Editing a comment

Thanks a lot! And yet another question, since I am not that professional, i would like to ask how many octaves do my range covers? I tried to calculate it and failed :catindifferent: (i haven't mentioned it before, but just to say, i am a man, if it matters anyway)

It's not possible to tell your voice type without listening and hearing how you're producing those notes. Range isn't the only determining factor either, you have to listen for vocal timbre and register changes. Judging from what you've written, it looks typical for an untrained male voice.

And the overall range you described (if you're counting it as E2 to D5), then its just under 3 octaves.

Moderator - The Singer's Forum
    Follow me on Twitter and Soundcloud

Comment

• Elliott Jeffries
      Elliott Jeffries commented
      Editing a comment

Thanks for the tips, Sandie!

• tehpr0
      tehpr0 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you, Sandie! Useful information indeed, i'll try it out for sure.

• Sandie Nielsen
      Sandie Nielsen commented
      Editing a comment

You are very welcome!! I hope you get where you want to be

Working...
X