I got my poor Dad in this music video. LOL

RobertHouse

• Members

Hi guys. 

Some of you know I had a big Youtube channel that was hacked and shut down. Now I upload old and new videos one per week to my new channel. I re-recorded the audio for this video because I knew I could do it better. The song is "O Mio Babbino Caro" from the opera Gianni Schicchi, by Giacomo Puccini. Read the story below to see why I made my dad be in the video and to understand why he didn't need any acting skills. ;)

Buoso Donati has died and his relatives have found his will and discoverd that he has left all his money to the church. Furious, they do not know what to do. Rinuccio, who is in love with Lauretta but is forbidden to marry her unless he was left some of the inheritance, sends for Gianni Schicchi and Lauretta to see if they can help them. When the relatives find this out, they are furious and argue with Gianni Schicchi. Fed up, he starts to leave, but Lauretta stops him with this aria, singing that she loves Rinuccio and if doesn't help them, she will throw herself in the river and die.

Archived