Let's have a little fun singing

gearo999

• Members

How about we pick a one song and we records ourselves singing it. You can use backing tracks, solo, one instrument, whatever and share with the group. We can give each other constructive critism. We can limit it to one one verse, pre-chorus, chorus...less than one minute. We can start with easy singers to cover like Neil Young or Bob Dylan or someone who sticks to an easy melody for us to discover our voice with their music. We can pick a new song every 15 days or so.

Who wants to play?

• Members

Actually, my complaint about the register being high was probably just an excuse - I suppose I don't really like the song.

... which goes to show a potentially high obstacle for this thread. We don't generally share taste in music, so how do we find a song that everybody likes enough to record?

I could suggest a few songs, but the chance is rather low that everbody else will agree on any of those songs. So I'll just namedrop a few names whose songs I generally like:

Pink Floyd
Bob Dylan
Rolling stones
Coldplay (?)
Queen
Leonard Cohen

Hmm. Mjeah.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by b_f_c_99

View Post

Are we all going to work off of set music or are we on our own to produce the whole thing? I could probably a backing track for the first verse and chorus.

It would be very cool if you could provide a backing track for the first verse and chorus.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Masklin View Post
Actually, my complaint about the register being high was probably just an excuse - I suppose I don't really like the song.

... which goes to show a potentially high obstacle for this thread. We don't generally share taste in music, so how do we find a song that everybody likes enough to record?

I could suggest a few songs, but the chance is rather low that everbody else will agree on any of those songs. So I'll just namedrop a few names whose songs I generally like:

Pink Floyd
Bob Dylan
Rolling stones
Coldplay (?)
Queen
Leonard Cohen

Hmm. Mjeah.
Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here----want to do that one?

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by gearo999 View Post
Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here----want to do that one?
Sure. It's still a rather high register but I'm guessing we could transpose if we want to?

Perhaps you could make a poll, so we know that people are agreeing on a single song before we start.

Archived