Cover "1000 miles by vanessa carlton"

reddude333

• Members

Herd David Archuleta sing this song and i liked it. I needed a song that i could do with a piano. So here is the song with out music. Im barely learning how to play it on the piano, so its going to be a while before i completely finish it. If i can get this to sound good, Id like to play it on my friends piano and see what people say.

http://soundcloud.com/reddude/1000miles

• Members

I'm not sure cause I'm not that familiar with the song, but I think you go off pitch during the chorus parts.

I am and he does. Otherwise not too bad. A little ear training will help with the pitch issues.

• Members

Thank you ido1957. Also Ill have to check out the song and try to listen better. I still have a hard time with staying with the right pitch. I think it will help when i sing with music. Thanks for the feed back. Also i have a question does my tone sound ok for the song or should i try to change it? Last thing, relized I wont be playing this on the piano any time soon. Its really fast.

• Members

Thank you, its hard to get an apinion some times. Since all my friends only listen to rock, Ive had one of my friends tell me he has to blast some hard rock to drain out what he just heard. But then i get some women that go crazy over some of my music. Its hard to know what to sing some times. I need to find a good rock song that my rockier friends like and that still soft enough to impress the women.

• Members

Thank you, its hard to get an apinion some times. Since all my friends only listen to rock, Ive had one of my friends tell me he has to blast some hard rock to drain out what he just heard. But then i get some women that go crazy over some of my music. Its hard to know what to sing some times. I need to find a good rock song that my rockier friends like and that still soft enough to impress the women.

Sounds tough. Are you taking any voice lessons? I think if you find a good teacher, that can help a lot with regards to helping you find out what your own strengths are and getting good, honest, constructive feedback without any bias.

• Members

Never took any voice lessons, If i find a good one maybe i will at some point. But right now using all my free resources. Just need to find some people to test out different sounds and tell me what sounds good. For me, i would really like to be able to sing to a piano and have people like it. Thats my long term goal. Maybe when i start college, they may have some stuff for singers.

• Members

Never took any voice lessons, If i find a good one maybe i will at some point. But right now using all my free resources. Just need to find some people to test out different sounds and tell me what sounds good. For me, i would really like to be able to sing to a piano and have people like it. Thats my long term goal. Maybe when i start college, they may have some stuff for singers.

If you do take voice lessons sometime later on, try to make sure that you have an actual good teacher. I took some lessons in college, and unfortunately the teacher I had then wasn't really a good teacher and couldn't teach me that much about singing.

Well, good luck. I hope you reach your goal. :)

Archived