My "Ain't No Sunshine" acapella cover‏

SergioLeone

• Members

You aren't singing the same notes as are found on the Youtube you posted (i.e it's not the same as Withers' version)

You have lots of flat notes - not just the "Sunshine" part. Keep up the good work.

Thanks. I lowered the pitch since I'm still straining on higher notes. I don't know what to do about the flatness though?

• Members

I am listening to both June and current versions. I like your tone a lot more now. You have improved a lot since June. I don't hear any nasal tone and your notes are more stable and deliberate. The pitch is a little off on some notes. You might try singing along with MIDI versions of songs because there often is a keyboard playing the melody and no vocal track. Try to match the pitch of the keyboard melody. With software you could isolate just the keyboard melody from a MIDI file, transpose to a different key if you want.

• Members

I am listening to both June and current versions. I like your tone a lot more now. You have improved a lot since June. I don't hear any nasal tone and your notes are more stable and deliberate. The pitch is a little off on some notes. You might try singing along with MIDI versions of songs because there often is a keyboard playing the melody and no vocal track. Try to match the pitch of the keyboard melody. With software you could isolate just the keyboard melody from a MIDI file, transpose to a different key if you want.

Thanks YeahDoIt :) Yeah I might try singing to different format and I will try transposing in the future.

• Members

Here's a link to a midi file of Ain't No Sunshine.

Hit Skip Ad, and it will start playing in WMP.

Select File Save as and you can save it to your computer.

You'll need a program to transpose it...or a DAW or keyboard...

http://www.fortunecity.com/banners/interstitial.html?http://members.fortunecity.com/ajsmidi/alpcond/alpha_01/midi/aint_no_sunshine.mid

• Members

For your convenience I created four midi files of the song thatyou can sing along with.

You can edit these anyway you like in your midi software. The midis contain the main melody as well as the backing track in midi. They will play in Windows Media Player.

Go to this link and download the zip file and it contains the four versions. Unzip them using WINZIP. Have Fun!

Your link: https://www.yousendit.com/download/T2dlZEV6Q0NCMTc1SE1UQw

Ain't No Sunshine ZIP File of Midi Files in keys:

A4 Original

D4 Down Fourth

E4 Down Fifth

A3 Down Octave

• Members

For the record, Shyla Stylez crushes on Eddie Vedder (3:40) "Vedder makes it better" MUAHHH

[video=youtube;aOK_Y0N0O1s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOK_Y0N0O1s

Also, at 2:10 you can hear straight from the horses mouth what sort of 'type' Shyla is attracted to, kiddies.

Also for the record, I had sex with her. She baked me a cake afterward.

I dislike Pearl Jam FWIW.

• Members

Vedder sounds easy?

He's an elite rock n' roll baritone IMO. You should hear some of the Pearl Jam live acoustic sets they do.

I was thinking about putting quotes on easy, didn't want anybody to take it the wrong way but then again I did say it doesn't sound easy. He makes it sound easy if that makes sense. I'm a fan of his solo work and of Pearl Jam.

• Members

I was thinking about putting quotes on easy, didn't want anybody to take it the wrong way but then again I did say it doesn't sound easy. He makes it sound easy if that makes sense. I'm a fan of his solo work and of Pearl Jam.

Understood, makes sense. I haven't heard your cover yet, but just keep singing, keep practicing, keep emulating whoever you want. You've got to like it at the end of the day. Assuming you have all the other fundamentals in check to be a good singer like pitch awareness, good taste, and other general performance stuff.

• Members

Vedder stuff, IMO ain't that hard to sing. IF you don't try to emulate what he's doing...the growly gritty stuff, especially if youre just starting out. "Black" is a good one...not too difficult. Doesn't get too high, except for the falsetto thing at the end. But that can be easily done with practice.

Archived